Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd have him back here, though I have doubts with regards to his attitude and commitment (which stink, IMO) We can't afford to be choosy at the moment.

As it is, I think he'll stay at QPR now.

Nothing wrong with his attitude on the pitch and seemingly in training.

Commitment? He's a committed player. Career-wise - why would he be committed to NUFC?

He asked not to play vs Liverpool in case he got injured. Ideally, we shouldn't be going anywhere near him but we will.

Couldn't care less personally, does he score goals? If the answer is yes then I want him in.

Morals are nice. But we haven't been in the position to take a moral high ground for a very long time or has football in general to be frank.

All depends on how much we could get him for. If it's much more than 8.5m I just don't think we will do it.

He isn't the 20 goal a season striker we really need, just because he won't stay fit enough. I would however welcome him back with open arms. Should certainly be enough for us this season upfront. Then we can make a decision on cisse in January.

All assuming he would even entertain the idea of coming back.

I would have him back here straight away and out of all the links for a striker he's been the one i'v wanted us to sign the most, purely because he's proven, a quality footballer who scores and assists.

Decent portion of our fanbase get to wrapped up in this mercenary bollocks. If you're looking to have players who are truly in love with NUFC then you're left with the likes of Ryan Taylor and Adam Campbell. Top players generally don't give a single f*** about anything other than money, look at the likes of Yaya and Aguero at Man City who have precisely zero affection for the shirt they wear. Besides, if Remy comes and has a good season or 2, he'd be sold anyway.

It would be interesting to see if these supposed CL ambitions of his are still valid if we had a bid accepted and somehow decided to offer him what he wanted in wages. He may seem keen on coming back after all.

He's a good player who did well in a shite team last season.

However if Liverpool - a team with plenty of attacking and goalscoring options - are concerned enough to pull out of a permanent deal then so should we. If we signed him, he'd be our only forward capable of scoring a decent number of goals (we wouldn't get anyone else) and we simply can't gamble on him being missing for any length of time.

Give the opportunity to someone who actually wants to play for the club. They are out there, I noted Nicollin's comments on Cabella, he wanted to come. Remy is injury prone and will miss on average at least a third of the season.  Get someone younger with potential and something to prove.

Cabella's come here coz he knows if he has a few good seasons he'll be somewhere else soon enough. Lets not sit in denial here. Newcastle is a great club to play for but it's a stepping stone club now to these players with genuine talent.

And also, barring the last day of the season (where the story is still a little confused), was his attitude that bad? Maybe lost his way a bit during that horrendous run but he was frequently one of our better players over the course of the season. And lets not forget the goals which kept us in the league of course.

With Remy in the team we won 14 of 25 games earning 45 points.

Without Remy in the team we won 1 of 13 games earning 4 points.

He was immensely important to our team last year.  More important than Cabaye in my opinion.

Don't care if he wanted CL club over Newcastle.  If he is willing to come now it will be excellent for Newcastle. 

EDIT: Missed that Remy was a sub in the Fulham win.  Changed the stats accordingly.  Made it look even worse without him!!!1

With Remy in the team we won 13 of 24 games earning 42 points.

Without Remy in the team we won 2 of 14 games earning 7 points.

He was immensely important to our team last year.  More important than Cabaye in my opinion.

Don't care if he wanted CL club over Newcastle.  If he is willing to come now it will be excellent for Newcastle. 

Pretty sure we only won one game without him, you might be counting Fulham where he only came on after 75 minutes (and we scored the only goal in the 86th).

Decent portion of our fanbase get to wrapped up in this mercenary bollocks. If you're looking to have players who are truly in love with NUFC then you're left with the likes of Ryan Taylor and Adam Campbell. Top players generally don't give a single f*** about anything other than money, look at the likes of Yaya and Aguero at Man City who have precisely zero affection for the shirt they wear. Besides, if Remy comes and has a good season or 2, he'd be sold anyway.

This isn't true at all. For the vast majority of players, give them an environment they enjoy and and they'll reciprocate. We've had loads of players over they years who were far better than Remy will ever be and they still treated the club with respect and talk about us fondly.

If you sign professional players, they'll act it. If you sign self important cunts, they'll act like one.

This isn't true at all. For the vast majority of players, give them an environment they enjoy and and they'll reciprocate. We've had loads of players over they years who were far better than Remy will ever be and they still treated the club with respect and talk about us fondly.

If you sign professional players, they'll act it. If you sign self important cunts, they'll act like one.

true but ones that genuinely love the club they're playing for in the same way as a fan does and wouldn't leap at the first opportunity of champions league level money are rare at best.

true but ones that genuinely love the club they're playing for in the same way as a fan does and wouldn't leap at the first opportunity of champions league level money are rare at best.

I don't expect anyone to love the club. There's a large gap between being a mercenary cunt and getting loads of NUFC tattoos.

With Remy in the team we won 13 of 24 games earning 42 points.

Without Remy in the team we won 2 of 14 games earning 7 points.

Pretty sure we only won one game without him, you might be counting Fulham where he only came on after 75 minutes (and we scored the only goal in the 86th).

Yes, you are right, missed his sub there.  Makes it even worse without him!!!

Didn't Lallana recently refuse to come into training if he wasn't allowed to move to Liverpool? That's a player who came up through their ranks and that's how he treats them at the first sniff of a bigger club. Point being, I think you just have to accept that that is the way football is today and the way players are. I mean our very own Cabaye refused to play last year when Arsenal showed interest and he is still held in such high regard.

I'm curious what Remy did or said that has soured people on him so much because he was a critical player for us last year. And the fact that people don't want him back is surprising to me, if not outright shocking.

The injury concerns are valid and a good point, I can understand that.

Didn't Lallana recently refuse to come into training if he wasn't allowed to move to Liverpool? That's a player who came up through their ranks and that's how he treats them at the first sniff of a bigger club. Point being, I think you just have to accept that that is the way football is today and the way players are. I mean our very own Cabaye refused to play last year when Arsenal showed interest and he is still held in such high regard.

I'm curious what Remy did or said that has soured people on him so much because he was a critical player for us last year. And the fact that people don't want him back is surprising to me, if not outright shocking.

The injury concerns are valid and a good point, I can understand that.

Didn't realise until the other day that Lallana is a lifelong Everton fan, and then said "when I played against Liverpool last season, I knew that was where I wanted to be"

Rancid little turd.

Give the opportunity to someone who actually wants to play for the club. They are out there, I noted Nicollin's comments on Cabella, he wanted to come. Remy is injury prone and will miss on average at least a third of the season.  Get someone younger with potential and something to prove.

He wanted to come to put himself in the shop window, don't delude yourself thinking any different.

All these players would leave the minute a better opportunity arises. There's no difference between Remy and the likes of Cabaye, Debuchy and Ba who all left the minute a better position was available to them.

Well except that Remy was never our player anyway, the entire squad would leave if they got a better offer.

So if Remy begrudgingly comes to us and bags himself another 15 or so, will you still be annoyed the club went for this 'mercenary c***'? You're going on like he's Winston Bogarde.

Yes. Winning games isn't the only thing that matters to some fans.

He wanted to come to put himself in the shop window, don't delude yourself thinking any different.

All these players would leave the minute a better opportunity arises. There's no difference between Remy and the likes of Cabaye, Debuchy and Ba who all left the minute a better position was available to them.

Well except that Remy was never our player anyway, the entire squad would leave if they got a better offer.

None of those players mentioned turned us down for a worse team purely for more money. That's the difference. We knew what Remy was like before he signed.

So if Remy begrudgingly comes to us and bags himself another 15 or so, will you still be annoyed the club went for this 'mercenary c***'? You're going on like he's Winston Bogarde.

Yes. Winning games isn't the only thing that matters to some fans.

Hope they bring Shola back for you then. He loves it here.