Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm sceptical, this seems like an altogether much too sensible thing to do. :lol:

Debuchy, Remy and center back with Ba leaving would be an immense window, even with no CB I'd be thrilled tbh.

Even with these two, no new CB would ruin it for me. There's nothing thrilling about more starts for Williamson :lol:

I'm sceptical, this seems like an altogether much too sensible thing to do. :lol:

Debuchy, Remy and center back with Ba leaving would be an immense window, even with no CB I'd be thrilled tbh.

Debuchy and Remy would be the acceptable minimum imo, especially considering we should have signed one (probably both, but not necessarily Remy) in the summer.

In an ideal world, yes. Think we'll have to accept that squad improvement is often going to be slow and frustrating under the current ownership though. So when we make any progress I'll be happy, deflating as that is in some ways.

Regardless of our needs I think we have a set value for each transfer target and if the prospective sellers won't come down to that number then we simply won't budge and will go without. I personally wouldn't have been at all shocked if Ba had left and nobody came in this January. I'm sure they'll have their few select targets and will make some bids but if they can't get a player they really like for an amount of money that they think makes sense then they'll be willing to walk away with nothing. For instance I don't believe that we've gone back with any sort of improved offer for Debuchy this January, just that Lille have dropped their demands and we now can get him for what we deem good value.

It's a strategy that makes sense in a lot of ways. A smaller shopping list will generally mean it's harder for a player to get onto it, so when we do buy someone you expect that he'll be someone we really like. Aside from Obertan (and even he's not a lost cause just yet) nobody we've actually paid any money for since Pardew arrived has come in and proved themselves a bad investment. It also ensures that the club should operate much better from a purely business standpoint and might even be profitable at some point. (I'm not overly arsed about this, but I can see why the people who own it would be.)

The drawbacks are obvious (what happened last summer, basically.)

Oddly enough, I also don't think it's inconceivable that we'll walk away with Debuchy, Remy, a CB and  maybe even another one on top of that this January either. Nobody really expected Cisse to come in last January and with the way we were cruising along in the league 12 months ago it would have been very easy to do nothing in January. But a player they really wanted became available for what they felt was good value so they pulled the trigger.

That's not likely though, simply because we're a lot tighter with our money than a lot of clubs and more often than not our valuations won't be enough to entice clubs to sell us the players we target. Remy falling out of favour at his club is something that might just be enough to get this one over the line though, so fingers crossed.

Iv been avoiding a lot if transfer talk so as to not get mu hopes up. So he has been out of favour and is injury prone, and we are supposedly going to spend about 10m on him? Seems a bit strange is there something there incorrect or how good he is making it worth the gamble?

Guest ItalianMagpie

havent seen him so much.is Remy any good? he scored only one goal this season at Ligue 1

Just came back after a serious injury, hasn't found his place back in the starting team yet. Gignac is doing well, so they keep on starting him.

I'm sceptical, this seems like an altogether much too sensible thing, to do. :lol:

Even with these two, no new CB would ruin it for me. There's nothing thrilling about more starts for Williamson :lol:

We are desperate for a centre half more than any position so would be a bit pissed off if not sorted despite 2 class players coming in

Big big gamble, especially for Ashley. Would this be his record signing? (No doubt I'm forgetting someone obvious)

Coloccini was £10m reportedly.

Thought he was £9m plus addons.

Still big money for Ashley.

I thought we paid around 10 for Cisse too?

£8m according to Carr...

Guest reefatoon

Unlikely to be any striker in pre norwich says pards in the ronnie

Yey, The Shola train just keeps on chugging!

Guest icemanblue

The Chronicle haven't got anything right on us in years, they don't have a clue about whats going.

Aye, but Pardew might. :lol:

The Chronicle haven't got anything right on us in years, they don't have a clue about whats going.

I highly doubt Pardew has given them an exclusive.

Guest icemanblue

I highly doubt Pardew has given them an exclusive.

On the money as usual, Stifler.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2013/01/04/alan-pardew-patience-is-vital-in-new-striker-search-72703-32543260/

“I’d be surprised if I got a striker over the line before Norwich, if I’m honest.

Pardew seems pretty in the dark, over our deals anyway.

Remember Pardew said we were unlikely to sign a striker last january.

Unlikely? he basically ruled out any possibility and said we would buy a CB. No point listening to Pardew tbh he either knows nothing or speaks utter waffle.