If we lose today...

TheGuv

This is EXACTLY what he had in mind man. Do you remember the last season we were in a relegation fight (not that I think we are in one in all seriousness)? FOUR managers. That worked out great, didn't it? Anyway, if Mike and Dekka are honest with themselves, they will acknowledge that finishing fifth and challenging for CL until the last round last season was a massive overachievement from Pardew and this squad of players. They have failed to sufficiently strengthen the squad in the summer (although I commend them on not selling any of our best players), and we are suffering as a consequence. Anyway, they have laid down a marker for stability, and they would look like absolute fools to abandon it so quickly. What they need to do now is hold their end of the bargain, and make funds available to ensure we can remain competitive, not even contemplate sacking the manager who did so well for them last season at the first sight of trouble.

You're deluded if you don't think we're in a relegation battle.

If he goes he won't be replaced with anyone better. It would be nice to have some stability too. Everton have one of the best managers in the league which they wouldn't have if they sacked him for finishing 17th in his second season.

Replacing underperforming managers didn't turn round our season last time we went down either.

On the other hand what's the use in sticking with a manager who can't motivate the dressing room and is tactically completely out of his depth? Tough one, id not sack for fear of losing stability unless Martinez or someone similar was lined up

If he is to go it will be now before transfer window, but he won't be, i think this forum is more against him than most fans yet

On the other hand what's the use in sticking with a manager who can't motivate the dressing room and is tactically completely out of his depth?

I would agree if he was a complete no-hoper in the Kinnear or Souness mould but you're talking about the reigning Manager of the Year - he's proved he can overachieve on a tight budget and difficult working conditions, and I think that earns him the chance to work through his first really tough period.

On the other hand what's the use in sticking with a manager who can't motivate the dressing room and is tactically completely out of his depth? Tough one, id not sack for fear of losing stability unless Martinez or someone similar was lined up

If he is to go it will be now before transfer window, but he won't be, i think this forum is more against him than most fans yet

I think we have been poor this season but also don't think last season was a fluke.

He takes some of the blame but we have suffered badly with injuries, suspensions and players just being out of form. Whether he is to blame for the last point is up for debate but I don't see how a manager can affect a players ability to pass a ball 10 yards which has been a major problem this season.

He has earnt some time to get things right, Martinez turned down bigger teams than us and let's face it we won't be looking for managers that need to be paid out of their current contracts. If Pardew goes I am 100% certain Hughes will replace him which is something I really, really would dread.

On the other hand what's the use in sticking with a manager who can't motivate the dressing room and is tactically completely out of his depth?

I would agree if he was a complete no-hoper in the Kinnear or Souness mould but you're talking about the reigning Manager of the Season - he's proved he can overachieve on a tight budget and difficult working conditions, and I think that earns him the chance to work through his first really tough period.

:thup:

There's nothing to suggest Pardew's lost the dressing room either. He may be tactically rigid, but I think many of those thinking moving Ba out to the left would magically see us improve are massively oversimplifying the situation.

I would agree if he was a complete no-hoper in the Kinnear or Souness mould but you're talking about the reigning Manager of the Season - he's proved he can overachieve on a tight budget and difficult working conditions, and I think that earns him the chance to work through his first really tough period.

:thup:

There's nothing to suggest Pardew's lost the dressing room either. He may be tactically rigid, but I think many of those thinking moving Ba out to the left would magically see us improve are massively oversimplifying the situation.

What about Ba and Cabaye complaining about style of football? There is likely to be a sense among some of the players that his instructions are not the best fit for the club and the table reflects that. I don't think he has "lost it" but there obviously are concerns from within right?

I think we have been poor this season but also don't think last season was a fluke.

He takes some of the blame but we have suffered badly with injuries, suspensions and players just being out of form. Whether he is to blame for the last point is up for debate but I don't see how a manager can affect a players ability to pass a ball 10 yards which has been a major problem this season.

He has earnt some time to get things right, Martinez turned down bigger teams than us and let's face it we won't be looking for managers that need to be paid out of their current contracts. If Pardew goes I am 100% certain Hughes will replace him which is something I really, really would dread.

Or Alan Curbishley or Mick McCarthy...

Some decent managers abroad, though, but you'd probably not go that route.

Still agree on the general point that you shouldn't sack him at this point.

Guest neesy111

The Martinez lovin' on here is embarrassing btw. Besides being experimentative tactically, what's he ever done to suggest he's a top class manager in the making?

And the fact that we are above Wigan in the league as well.

So are we a club the size of Wigan now?

Guest ItalianMagpie

I think he will last regardless.

If we lose today a long hard relegation fight will be our season.

If we lose today we will have lost at home to Swansea, West Ham and QPR (among the others), which is really not a good sign if we're going to fight to stay up.

I would love us to have stability, however the point here is that if we lose today at home to QPR, that will be 7 league defeats out of 8. If we lose against Manure and Arsenal, that's 9 out of 10, and a very strong chance of being in a relegation spot before New Year . Manager of the year or not, who could ever be allowed to stay under such circumstances?

I hope today that Jonas has been dropped (with a few people with a decent shout of being picked ahead of him), otherwise that really does show that Pardew has no idea at all, and is scared of upsetting his 'big name' players, despite many of them not delivering at all this season. Something needs to change, it would be great if it wasn't the manager because it starts to turn around on the pitch, but what is going to make that happen....