Man United 4 - 3 Newcastle United - 26/12/12 - post-match sobfest from page 50

Dave

Guest neesy111

Didn't see the game so I won't say much but all I will say is this turned out a hell of a lot better than nearly everyone expected. There are surely some positives to take from that, regardless of the immense frustration in losing it late?

I think as true Newcastle fans most of us will be delighted at getting beat 4-3, which of course we much prefer to 1-0 victories.

Someone said that in the pub.  I went off on a big rant.

We shot ourself in the foot twice of course I'm f***ing angry. We should and would have had a point or more today if we weren't wide open at the back for the last 10 minutes. It is f***ing s*** and annoying, yes certain players played well but it means little unless we get something at Arsenal which we won't & regardless that's not the issue I'm raising.

A central midfielder might have been a good option on the bench, we had 2 defenders, 2 wingers and 2 forwards.

Do we have anymore? I know he nearly scored (and I would have loved if he had) but I went spare when Samny came on. On a par with Robert when it comes to protecting the full back.

'Positives' don't equal points.

Positives from Man U, Man City, Fulham and Stoke - grand total of zero points :lol:

Absolutely, and it's of course simplistic and isolated to just say "you got 3 goals, POSITIVES!"

But, why did you get 3 goals? Was there anyone missing who'd normally play and vice versa? Was there a change in formation or tactics in some way? It's certainly encouragement, surely.

'Positives' don't equal points.

Positives from Man U, Man City, Fulham and Stoke - grand total of zero points :lol:

Absolutely, and it's of course simplistic and isolated to just say "you got 3 goals, POSITIVES!"

But, why did you get 3 goals? Was there anyone missing who'd normally play and vice versa? Was there a change in formation or tactics in some way? It's certainly encouragement, surely.

Jonas wasn't playing and Marveaux was. That made a huge difference.

Man, this defeat hurts like fucking hell, I was surrounded my Man Utd fans as well during it, but am I coming on here acting like a baby? No. I know Froggy personally and he is one of the most level headed Man Utd fans you could meet, trust me I've seen the worst of the worst. People are slating him on here because we're just on the end of bad defeat. Froggy has shit loads of posts on here and has been on here for ages, why complain now?

I'm not from Newcastle, I could have supported a team in League Two but I'm supporting a Premier League team, I guess I'm not a real fan now too in the eyes of Billy I should just fuck off as well.

People need to get a grip, seriously. Man Utd has an army of glory hunting cunts, but that doesn't make them all like that, if it does then what about me, Kaizero, Oldtype etc? Are we fine because Newcastle don't win anything? What happens if Newcastle suddenly become extremely successful, does our status as supporters change because we aren't local?

It's Boxing Day, go out and have a few beers and forget about this result until tomorrow when you calm down.

The ref never had control of this game. The behaviour of the Manchester United players and staff influenced every decision in the match. Valencia, who hasn't previously appeared on my radar, essentially awarded himself the free-kick which led to the first equaliser and Dean just went along with his decision. Ferguson should have been sent to the naughty step after his antics at half-time. Fucking commentators burbling happily that he's still got passion in his 71st year ffs. What happened to the Respect campaign?  Fucker should get banned for 20 games for invading the pitch and screaming in the wimp's face. And another 38 for screaming at the linesman. And 38 extra for being a control freak. That might see the cunt off. Fucking red-nosed Christmas-killer.

And wtf was Valencia doing to Wor Vurnon? That was a proper Clattermole, that. Straight red, see ya in August, ya dorty non-footballer. Didn't even care either, just stalked off, job done. Fucking Wigan School of Technical Excellence graduate, him. "Injuring Proper Football Players Since We First Played Against Them". Cunt.

Also a bit cross with the ESPN commentators (Darke and McManaman) unexpectedly going ballistic with JC being in the "technical area" after that heinous challenge, considering their chortling at Ole Purple Face being on the actual fucking pitch when their darlings were losing.

:lol: Told the missus to give me a wide berth tonight. She knows the drill this season. She's got a bottle on the go, I'm gonna have a cry. The worst thing is I've introduced the bairns to this hurt and they've done nothing to deserve it. I'm a bad, bad man. :(

The ref never had control of this game. The behaviour of the Manchester United players and staff influenced every decision in the match. Valencia, who hasn't previously appeared on my radar, essentially awarded himself the free-kick which led to the first equaliser and Dean just went along with his decision. Ferguson should have been sent to the naughty step after his antics at half-time. Fucking commentators burbling happily that he's still got passion in his 71st year ffs. What happened to the Respect campaign?  Fucker should get banned for 20 games for invading the pitch and screaming in the wimp's face. And another 38 for screaming at the linesman. And 38 extra for being a control freak. That might see the cunt off. Fucking red-nosed Christmas-killer.

And wtf was Valencia doing to Wor Vurnon? That was a proper Clattermole, that. Straight red, see ya in August, ya dorty non-footballer. Didn't even care either, just stalked off, job done. Fucking Wigan School of Technical Excellence graduate, him. "Injuring Proper Football Players Since We First Played Against Them". Cunt.

Also a bit cross with the ESPN commentators (Darke and McManaman) unexpectedly going ballistic with JC being in the "technical area" after that heinous challenge, considering their chortling at Ole Purple Face being on the actual fucking pitch when their darlings were losing.

:lol: Told the missus to give me a wide berth tonight. She knows the drill this season. She's got a bottle on the go, I'm gonna have a cry. The worst thing is I've introduced the bairns to this hurt and they've done nothing to deserve it. I'm a bad, bad man. :(

Hear fucking hear...totally empathise with the last paragraph, my son is amongst older glory hunting cousins having the piss taken out of him.....tonight is going to be a messy one..

Just got in.

Followed this on Livescore.com - had a certain inevitability about it sadly. I'll catch the highlights on MoTD. Cba with this thread though, not at this time of year :lol:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1384167/yuck_imdone.gif

Darke especially went pretty crazy at Fergie, saying that the FA needed to take action, etc.  He was equally as vocal when our lot did the same thing.  Didn't see much wrong with Darke and McManaman today - they were very flattering to us most of the match.

Just back from the match. Obviously disappointed but you're never surprised to see it go in at Old Trafford. It was proper mental to see us score 3 though, especially when I thought it was over at 2-2. Yes defending could've been better, but overall I'm positve, one of those proud to be a geordie days.

Darke especially went pretty crazy at Fergie, saying that the FA needed to take action, etc.  He was equally as vocal when our lot did the same thing.  Didn't see much wrong with Darke and McManaman today - they were very flattering to us most of the match.

OK. :) Had my B&W ears on as usual I expect and also a little in my cups :lol: Needed a rant though :thup:

Kind of bizarre considering the result, but my chest is swelling with pride. Not many teams will take the game to Man United on their own patch like that. Cap doffed to our lads. Did us proud. Pards deserves a pat on the back for being so positive in his team selection.

I've always had a grudging respect for Man U, but not this lot of snidey, dirty, cheating cunts. Every oft repeated stereotype encapsulated by the XI men they had on the pitch today. None were worse than van Persie, who looks every inch the alleged rapist he was several seasons ago at Arsenal. I preferred him when he was a permacrock.

Man, this defeat hurts like fucking hell, I was surrounded my Man Utd fans as well during it, but am I coming on here acting like a baby? No. I know Froggy personally and he is one of the most level headed Man Utd fans you could meet, trust me I've seen the worst of the worst. People are slating him on here because we're just on the end of bad defeat. Froggy has shit loads of posts on here and has been on here for ages, why complain now?

I'm not from Newcastle, I could have supported a team in League Two but I'm supporting a Premier League team, I guess I'm not a real fan now too in the eyes of Billy I should just fuck off as well.

People need to get a grip, seriously. Man Utd has an army of glory hunting cunts, but that doesn't make them all like that, if it does then what about me, Kaizero, Oldtype etc? Are we fine because Newcastle don't win anything? What happens if Newcastle suddenly become extremely successful, does our status as supporters change because we aren't local?

It's Boxing Day, go out and have a few beers and forget about this result until tomorrow when you calm down.

Fantastic post.

Just got in from watching this at the pub. Didn't hear much of the commentary at the time, has anything much said about Fergie and the way he spoke and acted towards the officials? I couldn't hear what was being said about it at the time, but it looked to me like he was bang out of order and the way he acted was disgraceful to watch. I hope something gets done about it, but being Fergie he will probably get off lightly as per...

Guest neesy111

Just got in from watching this at the pub. Didn't hear much of the commentary at the time, has anything much said about Fergie and the way he spoke and acted towards the officials? I couldn't hear what was being said about it at the time, but it looked to me like he was bang out of order and the way he acted was disgraceful to watch. I hope something gets done about it, but being Fergie he will probably get off lightly as per...

All the fergie stuff has been....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WaySIZR1YM8/UIkT21vUwXI/AAAAAAAADRg/2yP18REKUiQ/s1600/372497.jpg

By the media as usual.

All the fergie stuff has been....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WaySIZR1YM8/UIkT21vUwXI/AAAAAAAADRg/2yP18REKUiQ/s1600/372497.jpg

By the media as usual.

:anguish:

What a load of shite. He supports Manchester United because they are table toppers. Glory hunters do. Or Liverpool. Or any other parennial title winners over the years. That's why I enjoy our Northern/Southern Irish/ around the World support. Because they're not doing it for the glory, the off hand snidey remarks they can belittle other football fans with, they're doing it to be real fans...fans who experience pain. When I say pain, I don't mean not winning a trophy for a year or two, or even losing one in the last minute to your nearest rivals. Though that would obviously hurt. I mean going years without even looking like winning anything, even getting relegated a few times as we have.

So when we do eventually win something, it will mean something, because we are a proper club with proper supporters, not a club or fans who believe we have a God given right to success, as we obviously don't. I honestly do not understand the mentality of glory hunting...maybe supporting Manchester United/ Chelsea/Liverpool in the 80's helps to provide a fake popularity amongst peers?

As a general point (again without having seen the game) I'm not sure I'd be swelling with pride over a good performance with no points today, which is a bit of a change of tune for me. (don't know if any on here, or elsewhere, are btw).

I think it's often easier to be valiant losers against a big side than convincing winners against minnows/those around you. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we didn't get tonked etc, but 'brave losers' is not a good end-aspiration!

Felt the same about the Man City game. Difficult to see if we've really started to turn a corner until we get some less insane fixtures.

When we begin to convert home against the likes of West Ham and Swansea into wins, I'll feel much happier. The QPR game was a start - even if it was a bit more of a meandering struggle than it ought to have been.

From a few of the posts on here I've read it seems like we did okay today though, which is nice ( - albeit in a hollow sort of way!)