Newcastle United v Everton - 02/01/13 @ 8pm (Live on Sky)

Guest neesy111

:thup:

Would have thought they'd make it for the games the player is available/eligible for.

i know that is what happens in European games as HBA was suspended for our first european game after an offence for Marseille but league game don't. 

When he was on 4 yellows before xmas and looked to have picked up a knock the lad next to me at the game was saying he should just dive in on someone or handball it to pick up his ban while sitting out the next game injured anyway.

:thup:

Would have thought they'd make it for the games the player is available/eligible for.

That would work for the ACN, but if a player was injured then a club could simply say he got the injury after the game he was injured and suspended for.

Apparently no: Ryan Taylor, Dan Gosling, Haris Vuckic, Yohan Cabaye, Steven Taylor, Hatem Ben Arfa, Jonas Gutierrez, Vurnon Anita and Danny Simpson

Krul

Santon  Willi  Colo  Ferguson

Bigi            Tiote

Marveaux

Cisse                    Sammy

Ba ?

or

Krul

Santon  Willi  Colo  Ferguson

Bigi            Tiote

Abeid?

Marveaux              Sammy

Cisse

Pretty sure Pardew will find a place for Perch and Obertan mind you.

I think we need to play Ba in this, he's too important to leave out but if he is to start, it should no way be in the middle. Ba's clearly not going to be here much longer, we need to prepare for life without him from now on but we won't be ale to do that if he's still the player the team's built around. He needs to be phased out.

Krul

Perch.      Williams.      Colo.    Santon

Tiote. Anita

Marveaux

Ba.              Cisse.      Obertan

That's just a lazy answer tbf, Neesy. Teams clocked onto that in his first season but he never looked poor at all, he was great at finding space.

Agreed...he's playing for a move, will get his wish in summer...

After yesterday's results, defeat in this game will be a disaster. With the injury problems and Ba's unsettled frame of mind, I would take a draw right now.

If we lose, it will give heart to teams like Villa who managed a point - and almost a win - away from home yesterday. I still think Lambert has a chance of pulling them round because their problems are mainly due to playing a lot of youngsters so any slip up by us at home will be music to their ears.

As HBA looks to be out until Feb, we face a very nervous January....being around the relegation zone in Feb is asking for trouble for the rest of the season so a result in this match is vital.

Guest ItalianMagpie

After yesterday's results, defeat in this game will be a disaster. With the injury problems and Ba's unsettled frame of mind, I would take a draw right now.

If we lose, it will give heart to teams like Villa who managed a point - and almost a win - away from home yesterday. I still think Lambert has a chance of pulling them round because their problems are mainly due to playing a lot of youngsters so any slip up by us at home will be music to their ears.

As HBA looks to be out until Feb, we face a very nervous January....being around the relegation zone in Feb is asking for trouble for the rest of the season so a result in this match is vital.

Agree 100%.

Guest neesy111

Wouldnt be playing perch at rb if baines and piennar  do as he will be torn a new one. Santon over there best bet

Who at LB then?