Newcastle United v Everton - 02/01/13 @ 8pm (Live on Sky)

Guest neesy111

No offence Neil but bloody hell, we need 3 points tonight.

Oh, right, well, since you really need them and I'll have a word with David tonight. :lol:

We need them if we have any aspirations of a top 4 finish, but I don't think we'll get them. Just one of those games I've a bad feeling about and can just see your players putting in a shift and with our chaotic defending, you'll almost certainly at least score once, if not twice.

Is Pienaar likely to play? Also what's this about Baines not playing?

Jelavic has been anything but a monster for the past 10 or so games.

It's all set up for a Ba winner as a leaving gift, with post-match comments of "wow, what a team performance, never saw that coming!" fully expected.

Err, Jelavic looked absolutely outstanding against Chelsea from the highlights i saw on MOTD and looked very unlucky not to have scored a hat trick.

We are gash at defending to begin with without having to reshuffle again due to Simpsons broken toe. QPR aprt, we cannot buy a clean sheet.

There was a marked improvement in Jelavic's performance vs Chelsea, true. But generally he's just not looked the same this season.

Don't talk to me about clean sheets mind. :lol: At least you have actually had a couple in recent memory.

I'm not worried about this at all for some reason.

We have only lost once in our last 10 at home to these..... worried now ?  ;)

Means absolutely nothing.

Exactly the point i was making..... Icarus was not worried so surely a record such as that would cause more worry than optimism as it means nothing and more likely to mean we lose than anything :lol:

Ahh, apologies. I did wonder if that was the point you were making, but some project records as if they are concrete. I'm actually fairly confident about tonight but these are a seriously good side, gonna be tough.

No offence Neil but bloody hell, we need 3 points tonight.

Oh, right, well, since you really need them and I'll have a word with David tonight. :lol:

We need them if we have any aspirations of a top 4 finish, but I don't think we'll get them. Just one of those games I've a bad feeling about and can just see your players putting in a shift and with our chaotic defending, you'll almost certainly at least score once, if not twice.

Is Pienaar likely to play? Also what's this about Baines not playing?

Frankly, I don't know. I'd have thought if they were definitely out then something would have been said by now. My gut instinct says they'll play, maybe with Pienaar being more of a doubt than Baines.

Ahh, apologies. I did wonder if that was the point you were making, but some project records as if they are concrete. I'm actually fairly confident about tonight but these are a seriously good side, gonna be tough.

No worries, i think we win as well but yeah it won't be easy at all.

I'll feel a lot more confident about the 2nd half of season if we win too; Debuchy coming in, key players coming back, style of play improving and hopefully more signings to follow.

Moyes was talking today about maybe us doing an Everton and having an strong 2nd half of season and tbh i think we are capable of that but first and foremost we have to win tonight.

Guest LeMacaron

Krul

Santon      Williamson      Coloccini    Ferguson

Perch          Tiote

Obertan                Anita              Marveaux

Cisse             

No worries, i think we win as well but yeah it won't be easy at all.

I'll feel a lot more confident about the 2nd half of season if we win too; Debuchy coming in, key players coming back, style of play improving and hopefully more signings to follow.

Moyes was talking today about maybe us doing an Everton and having an strong 2nd half of season and tbh i think we are capable of that but first and foremost we have to win tonight.

I hope for the same but they have to start defending better and now. Also we need key players to start performing. Krul, Tiote and even the captain need to start taking some responsibility, all woefully short of form.

Pardew may also turn to Gael Bigirimana at some stage tonight.

He was also singled out for praise in the aftermath of the painful end-of-year loss to Arsenal.

Pardew said: “Bigirimana, for an 18-year-old, never hid against Arsenal. He was always there.

“Maybe he ran out of legs a little bit by the end but only because he had given so much.

“He is a terrific prospect for us and he will feature tonight.”

Guest expat in the pool

i'm watchin the game tonight with 4 evertonians, god help me please.

if baines and pienaiar are out we've in with a big chance, at their place at start of the season everything came down their left they were great

Considering we shipped seven goals last time out, I sense a mood of resilience and defiance amongst supporters rather than despondency or anger.

Got a feeling it will be a big atmosphere tonight and a positive performance could make it a very big one.