Other clubs' kits (2023/24)

Toon Hoser

4 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Can someone correct me but was Chelsea's away kit against Middlesbrough blue??

Home kit - blue, away kit - blue??

blame suggs

7 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

He’s an embarrassment.

Name dropping alert!I used to stay with a Chelsea supporting pal just off Fulham road for away games(RIP John). Always used to meet post match in a pub called the finches? Suggs bought me a pint, he was drinking with Phil Daniels, both of them were cracking people 

18 minutes ago, LordJake said:

Name dropping alert!I used to stay with a Chelsea supporting pal just off Fulham road for away games(RIP John). Always used to meet post match in a pub called the finches? Suggs bought me a pint, he was drinking with Phil Daniels, both of them were cracking people 

Sincerely hope you shouted PARKLIFE ! every time Phil Daniels finished speaking  

11 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Sincerely hope you shouted PARKLIFE ! every time Phil Daniels finished speaking  

I got as far as confidence is a particular before being told told to faak off☹️

2 hours ago, LordJake said:

I’ve got a lot of time for Suggs tbh. Got married in the US 15 years ago and had the DJ put One Step Beyond on - English mates went mental on the dance floor and the Americans were just baffled.

2 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I’ve got a lot of time for Suggs tbh. Got married in the US 15 years ago and had the DJ put One Step Beyond on - English mates went mental on the dance floor and the Americans were just baffled.

They used to always be top quality up Newmarket races. Always good value and got the crowd going. 

2 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

The amazing thing about Suggs is you look at him, and then you look at pictures of him in 1979, and he has barely aged at all. Remarkable.

12 minutes ago, brummie said:

The amazing thing about Suggs is you look at him, and then you look at pictures of him in 1979, and he has barely aged at all. Remarkable.

That first Madstock was blinding for me. I mean, I was out of my gourd, but got Madness, Ian Dury & the Blockheads, and Flowered Up (at the time I thought Weekender was a work of genius). And Morrissey too. 

It always makes me laugh that Madness are a legit one-hit wonder in the US.

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

That first Madstock was blinding for me. I mean, I was out of my gourd, but got Madness, Ian Dury & the Blockheads, and Flowered Up (at the time I thought Weekender was a work of genius). And Morrissey too. 

It always makes me laugh that Madness are a legit one-hit wonder in the US.

I was a 'rude boy' when ska made its comeback in 1979 or so, saw Madness, the Specials, The Beat, Bad Manners, all of them at Birmingham Odeon over a spell of 3 or 4 years.

Me and my mates used to do the whole two tone trousers, white socks, loafers, fred perry jumpers (no trilby hats, though, a step too far, that).

8 hours ago, brummie said:

I was a 'rude boy' when ska made its comeback in 1979 or so, saw Madness, the Specials, The Beat, Bad Manners, all of them at Birmingham Odeon over a spell of 3 or 4 years.

Me and my mates used to do the whole two tone trousers, white socks, loafers, fred perry jumpers (no trilby hats, though, a step too far, that).

First gig I ever went to. Travelled down from Berwick and stayed at my Nan's. Had a spare ticket so my, now, brother in law came. I was 16

Mayfair Ballroom 1979

Madness

The Specials 

The Selector

I had every Two Tone record

3 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

@brummie Some of the best gig footage I’ve ever seen this, stage gets full of kids like you 

Marvellous stuff! I also remember going to see the ska movie, Dance Craze, also at Birmingham Odeon. Great times.

3 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Mayfair Ballroom 1979

Slight diversion, but about 8 years after that, I saw De La Soul at Mayfair Ballroom. What a fucking night that was.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man Utd x Stone Roses colab. MANCHESTER IN THE AREA WE'RE INTERNATIONAL WE'RE CONTINENTAL

Imagine if Adidas do us a Lets Get Ready to Rhumble shirt :pedro:

nueva-colaboracion-del-manchester-united

Edited by bobbydazzla

29 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Man Utd x Stone Roses colab. MANCHESTER IN THE AREA WE'RE INTERNATIONAL WE'RE CONTINENTAL

Imagine if Adidas do us a Lets Get Ready to Rhumble shirt :pedro:

nueva-colaboracion-del-manchester-united

Aye the Byker Wall and the Raby in the background absolutely fly off the shelves.

2 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Man Utd x Stone Roses colab.

Weird, it's normally City who do this kind of desperate-to-reassert-our-Mancunian-identity thing. Still fair's fair, they'll make a mint selling it to the adidaphile Weller dads.

23 minutes ago, enthusiast said:

Weird, it's normally City who do this kind of desperate-to-reassert-our-Mancunian-identity thing. Still fair's fair, they'll make a mint selling it to the adidaphile Weller dads.

To be fair to the Roses, Mani is proper Man Utd. Here he is (45 secs) in the 80's being interviewed after a night spent scrapping with West Ham on a ferry 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h2_gOY2pBo

Edited by bobbydazzla

• 1 month later...