Norwich City vs Newcastle United - 12/01/13 @ 3pm (not on TV)

bowlingcrofty

A few years back I watched our FA Cup tie at the Britannia* in the pit.  0-0, so no need to mask any jubilation or annoyance - most of my time was spent enduring the barrage of racial abuse flung at our players. 

*Family stand.

Scandalous how scant our options are beyond Ben Arfa to play either side of a front man. Marveaux and Obertan it will have to be - one's clearly more comfortable in a central role and the other is just s***.

I'd like to see Fergie on the left giving the natural width and firing them in for Cisse/midfield runners( :laugh2:) and Marveaux on the right since Debuchy will hopefully be there to provide the width. Assuming Cabaye plays of course, if not then Obertan right I suppose.

Am I the only one who just doesn't see it with Ferguson? Sure, he can whip in a decent cross IF he beats the full-back, but I can't see him being more than a Championship winger.

I think the potential is there, I remember watching him for NI a few months ago where he was playing as proper out and out left winger and he was beating his man and delivering some outstanding crosses, think it was pretty poor opposition but could definitely see something there. Don't think we will really know unless he goes on loan and gets a settled run in a team though.

Ferguson sticks to the basics, and does them OK, while appearing to be working hard. Fans like that, especially British ones.

Appearing being the key word in that sentence, when he's played FB he's invariably stand-offish and slow to get out to his man IMO. But then again no-one seems to know if he's a FB or a LW which sums him up at the moment, neither nowt nor something.

Needs games, something which we can't really afford to give him but as always we can't afford to loan him out in case we need him thus stunting his development. Annoying.