Newcastle vs. Reading - 19/01/2013 @ 3pm (not on TV) - DEFINITELY ON

Skirge

Win, lose or draw, I can't take any more of this man in charge. It's unbearable stuff.

A football manager who thinks it's acceptable to start a 31 year old Shola Ameobi in a must win game has no business being in the Premier League.

But he's been pulling up trees in training!

Ronaldo defending Pardew again. :lol:

He doesn't have to play two strikers. He thinks Shola is fantastic.

Who could he play either side of Cisse? Obertan's not good enough to start, Jonas is utterly shit up there, and Marveaux is better in a deeper role.

I'm disgusted the likes of Shola and Jonas are starting, but it goes way further than Pardew. He's being fucked over too. That said, fail to win today and he'll lose whatever support I have for him.

Obertan on the right, he has the pace to simply kick it past Harte and run onto it at least. :lol:

marveaux is not perfect out wide, but he has the ability to pick a pass and that is something Cisse needs (ie through balls) - cabaye behind Cisse and bigi/anita in the middle which is definitely combative/technical enough to keep the ball against reading, who are shit

Does seem bizzare like starting Shola, but I'll also give him the benefit of the doubt to see what happens. He clearly knows a lot more about picking the team than me.

That's the problem, I really don't think he does.

Shola on the wing.  :jones:

I mean, really. I don't know what the question is, but I can fucking assure you this isn't the answer.

I imagine Pardew's 'tactics', and it hurts to type those 2 words consecutively even with one in inverted commas, are to have Shola get into the middle to get on the end of our HOOOOOOFS that will undoubtedly coming.

Quick question: When was the last time we actually outplayed anyone? I'm not bothered about results, you can outplay someone and lose, but when was the last time we really played a team off the park? Pardew apologists could trot out lines like "Well, there's no easy games in this league" but WE'VE been played off the park fucking loads (incuding by Brighton), quite often even last season we were outplayed but at least then we were rescued by individual brilliance at times that got us plenty of undeserved points.

But I seriously cannot remember the last time we played a team and really gave them a good going over. It just doesn't happen, we don't even set out to do that. And considering the players Pardew has at his disposal, that's a fucking tragedy and for that alone Pardew should pack up his shit and fuck off.

Also today if he plays Shola on the right of a 4-3-3 (Which from the semi-colons in the team line-up looks likely) then he's an imbecile of epic proportions.  If you're going to try to play 4-3-3 you need the forward wide players on their opposite feet otherwise you're playing 4-5-1. And if you feel the need to play 4-5-1 against bloody READING at HOME you should be shot with shit. The only way to make that 'formation' (Again, hurts to even type that word) work would be to have Marveaux on the right and Shola on the left so they can both work as auxilary strikers. Stick Cabaye in the hole and Jonas in a defensive role. But that won't happen.

And if we switch to 4-4-2 we're fucking doomed because there's nobody who can put a cross in on their preferred foot other than Debuchy and when you have to rely on a brand new fullback to put balls in you're basically fucked. Jonas would incomprehensibly be yet again deployed wide left despite being unable to cross with his left and unable to shoot with either foot. The only tiny possible way we could bail ourselves out if we switched to 4-4-2 would be if Marveaux went left and Jonas right. But neither are overly competent in those positions but at least we might be able to put a decent cross in once every 20 minutes.

Whatever the result, and we might well win despite how we play becuase football's a funny game and Reading are shit, I can guarantee that if we do what I've listed above it'll be fucking dire to watch. Again. There's a million better ways to play and a million ways to give ourselves a better chance of a win with the players we have, I'm just enraged that Pardew constantly fails to even consider any of these options.

Guest tollemache

I thought Cisse wide / Ameobi in the middle happened because Ba left late in the day and they'd been training that way all week? Would be lunacy to do it out of choice

Fuck sake.

Stay up until 2am to hopefully watch on a shitty stream somewhere and now I have to watch fucking Shola on the wing.

It's fucking baffling man, when was the last time he started and played well in a game? Meanwhile whenever he comes on as a sub he generally looks decent and causes problems.

So Pardew fucking starts him, obviously.

What a godawful cretin.

Luckily Reading are absolute melt, so we should still beat them.

Guest ItalianMagpie

I thought Cisse wide / Ameobi in the middle happened because Ba left late in the day and they'd been training that way all week? Would be lunacy to do it out of choice

Pardew himself said that, and he added that in the following games Cissè would be in the middle for sure. Now what the fuck is going on?

Guest tollemache

According to Sky we've agreed a fee for M'Biwa.

http://images.football.co.uk/300x300/photo_1357486224546-1-HD.jpg

hahahaha

perfect

Ronaldo defending Pardew again. :lol:

He doesn't have to play two strikers. He thinks Shola is fantastic.

Who could he play either side of Cisse? Obertan's not good enough to start, Jonas is utterly s*** up there, and Marveaux is better in a deeper role.

I'm disgusted the likes of Shola and Jonas are starting, but it goes way further than Pardew. He's being f***ed over too. That said, fail to win today and he'll lose whatever support I have for him.

Pardew can't have it both ways though as he was praising the board in the summer for keeping the squad together.

You know it's perfectly possible to praise keeping the squad together (i.e. not sell of the likes of Ben Arfa and Cabaye when there must have been suitors), whilst at the same time criticising them for the lack of incomings/focus on the wrong positions. I know, because I was in that camp personally.

According to Sky we've agreed a fee for M'Biwa.

http://images.football.co.uk/300x300/photo_1357486224546-1-HD.jpg

hahahaha

perfect

Redkapp'll be probably plotting another raid waving £50 notes and promising PS3 games in the QPR manner of negotiation (strange where the £50 notes seem to disappear into HIS pocket too though isn't it ?)

Guest tollemache

Pardew himself said that, and he added that in the following games Cissè would be in the middle for sure. Now what the fuck is going on?

Well it looks like Ameobi out wide... in fairness there's nothing necessarily wrong with targeting a weakness they might have in the air (apparently they're a short bunch) but it needs to be mixed with decent buildup. Running out of options and going long to save your arse is different