Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A professional football manager should be able to know his players best position, that after all is a massive part of his job. Picking 11 players.

For this clown to continue to talk like a complete unknowning, not me guv fuckwit is boiling my p*ss.

Fergie regarding Phil Jones ''I have no idea where his best position is. He could play anywhere on the pitch"

Implying Phil Jones can play well in multiple positions, in different formations that suit his team.

Compare that to Pardew who played Sissoko in only one position he clearly wasn't suited to, in a formation the team wasn't suited too. And Pardew hasn't a clue which position Sissoko could play well in.

Back of the net, 1-0 to me :lol:

So we've gathered that he's played out wide in the past, defensive midfield, box to box and behind striker. I think it's plain to see why Pards isn't sure of his best position when he hasn't had a settled role in sides his played in. Nothing wrong in working on during pre-season and training. He seen strengths and weaknesses over past 6 months of his game which we all did and he's got time to prepare that to see where he best fits into the system he opts to go for. People just shooting Pardew down at any given quote.

Guest reefatoon

You seem to be giving him far too much credit here Brett.  He has history of putting round pegs in square holes.  I think people are going off history more than just shooting him down.

Guest Phil K

When I keep looking for what went wrong last season with the clearly decent players we have, I kept thinking "Why so many injuries ? Why are they taking so long to clear ?" but I still ended up blaming Pardew. And now we have another incompetent as if one wasn't enough in management

Guest bimpy474

A professional football manager should be able to know his players best position, that after all is a massive part of his job. Picking 11 players.

For this clown to continue to talk like a complete unknowning, not me guv fuckwit is boiling my p*ss.

Fergie regarding Phil Jones ''I have no idea where his best position is. He could play anywhere on the pitch"

Implying Phil Jones can play well in multiple positions, in different formations that suit his team.

Compare that to Pardew who played Sissoko in only one position he clearly wasn't suited to, in a formation the team wasn't suited too. And Pardew hasn't a clue which position Sissoko could play well in.

Back of the net, 1-0 to me :lol:

So we've gathered that he's played out wide in the past, defensive midfield, box to box and behind striker. I think it's plain to see why Pards isn't sure of his best position when he hasn't had a settled role in sides his played in. Nothing wrong in working on during pre-season and training. He seen strengths and weaknesses over past 6 months of his game which we all did and he's got time to prepare that to see where he best fits into the system he opts to go for. People just shooting Pardew down at any given quote.

That's because Pardew is League One manager and is crap. And it's not any given quote, there have been dozens and this is another in the line of clueless ridiculous comments. Granted i hate him for the football he serves up but still.

As for Sissoko, it's fine if Pardew is going to try him in different position. If he actually gives the team a formation and style that suits them, that might actually bloody help.

I hate how ever single time the blokes speaks, we scrutinise every single word he comes out with. Worse than the bastard press. He'll say 3 good points then one bad point then everyone will rather jump on the bad rather than look at the 3 good points. Such negativity, no wonder people feel like given up hope with there attitudes.

I'm under no illusion Pardew pulls out the strangest tactics and team selections, none worse than Liverpool when that was probably the lowest i felt in a long time and that was before the ball kicked off. I really thought we could have beaten them on way up to town, few beers, looking forward to the match then team news arrives, felt sick. So yeah i know Pardew isn't without flaws but i really do think the hatred is way over the top before we've even kicked a ball for a pre-season friendly yet.

He probably wasn't a Pards signing and we all know he was brought in January rather than the summer due to the struggles. So in effect, Pards maybe hadn't planned for him and is obviously now trying to decide where his best position it.

That being said, Sissoko made his attributes pretty clear from the get go and ideally, if its to be a 442, against weaker opposition/at home he should replace Tiote.

IMO of course.

I hate how ever single time the blokes speaks, we scrutinise every single word he comes out with. Worse than the b****** press. He'll say 3 good points then one bad point then everyone will rather jump on the bad rather than look at the 3 good points. Such negativity, no wonder people feel like given up hope with there attitudes.

I'm under no illusion Pardew pulls out the strangest tactics and team selections, none worse than Liverpool when that was probably the lowest i felt in a long time and that was before the ball kicked off. I really thought we could have beaten them on way up to town, few beers, looking forward to the match then team news arrives, felt sick. So yeah i know Pardew isn't without flaws but i really do think the hatred is way over the top before we've even kicked a ball for a pre-season friendly yet.

When he had that 5th place finish he could barely contain himself in how he master minded the team..

He was almost cuming on himself in public...now his last placing wss 16th place its not his fault....fetch him the teflon

I hate how ever single time the blokes speaks, we scrutinise every single word he comes out with. Worse than the bastard press. He'll say 3 good points then one bad point then everyone will rather jump on the bad rather than look at the 3 good points. Such negativity, no wonder people feel like given up hope with there attitudes.

Preach.

I don't think Pardew is a brilliant manager but we've descended into a proper spiral of exaggerated hatred and revelling in negativity now. It's mad, even given the actual problems we do have.

As far as I'm concerned he's a DM with license to break forward from time to time.

Never. He doesn't have a defensive mindset.

I mean in the Viera sense. Not a standard DM but a mobile holding midfielder with license to break. I agree with you that he doesn't seem that defensive.

Can we not just play a wide three again please? Bit gung-ho for Pards like.

With the current squad, I don't see how we can't replicate the successful 4-3-3 - Sissoko replacing Jonas and Gouffran (Remy, perhaps?) replacing Ba.

I know this has been whinged about a million times but it really is frustrating how we completely abandoned the most successful formation in (my) living memory, just cos we got tanked at Wigan on a day where nothing went right.

One thing the 4-3-3 did was put everyone in their best position. If we could just do that with at least 4 or 5 of our front six (instead of 0), I could live with a different set-up.

As far as I'm concerned he's a DM with license to break forward from time to time.

I mean in the Viera sense. Not a standard DM but a mobile holding midfielder with license to break. I agree with you that he doesn't seem that defensive.

Vieira put a foot in and could play as a DM. Sissoko doesn't look like he can even tackle. Hope i'm wrong. I'd like him deeper to close midfielders down personally anyway. But not in a 4-4-2 with Wor Cabs

Can we not just play a wide three again please? Bit gung-ho for Pards like.

With the current squad, I don't see how we can't replicate the successful 4-3-3 - Sissoko replacing Jonas and Gouffran (Remy, perhaps?) replacing Ba.

I know this has been whinged about a million times but it really is frustrating how we completely abandoned the most successful formation in (my) living memory, just cos we got tanked at Wigan on a day where nothing went right.

One thing the 4-3-3 did was put everyone in their best position. If we could just do that with at least 4 or 5 of our front six (instead of 0), I could live with a different set-up.

We rarely played 4-4-3. It was normally 2 CM's sitting behind an AM. Jonas-Tiote with Cabaye pushed up.

I mentioned this a while back and got slaughtered for it...good luck  O0

Except Dyer was better on the wing and at AM.

Maybe...that's a matter of opinion, but Sissoko has plenty of attributes to play as an attacking central midfielder. Or do you disagree?