Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Needs to play the Diaby/Diame/Yaya role, basically, as a driving force from central midfield. This is what I assumed he was bought for in the first place.

If we're going to go down the 4-4-2 route it could work, if we play a version similar to the one City now use in particular.

He needs to reduce the frequency of his bursts, though, and play a more tactically astute game overall. It will come.

:thup: easy to forget that he's still relatively young as well.

Also have to mention, that he did track back really well, and recovered the ball a number of times in around our own box.

The guy is very talented ,and I agree he looked really good in patches. The early goals and red card ruined everything unfortunately. Definitely a lot more interesting in centre mid.

The lack of a striker to play off of upfront is a major problem though.

Cisse is becoming a huge issue. The kind of striker he is needs an attacking mid playing off him I think.

Do we have one? Yes (Marveaux). Will the manager acknowledge his existence? No, he won't.

I for one am really looking forward to what College Dropout has to say on the matter.

Thanks.

What are Sissoko's footballing abilities? His range of passing is Tiote-esque although we know he can play a through ball. He, like Tiote needs a real rangey passer alongside him to succeed. I like his bursts of pace but I fear he's more Diame than Toure which probably isn't a bad thing.

He wasn't terrible on Monday tbf.

The lack of a striker to play off of upfront is a major problem though.

Cisse is becoming a huge issue. The kind of striker he is needs an attacking mid playing off him I think.

Do we have one? Yes (Marveaux). Will the manager acknowledge his existence? No, he won't.

Cisse lets the midfielders down more than they let him down. He doesn't give them a chance to play facing goal wards for more than one pass. The times he does - we create chances.

I thought he was good in the first half vs City until it came to him actually having to kick the ball. He can't pass very well at all and didn't offer much protection to the back four if any whatsoever.

Think his passing and his ball control leave a lot to be desired to be honest, at least he looked like he gave a f*** though.

Agree. Been having to defend him against my brothers whining almost every game but coming to the realisation now that maybe at least this part of his game is not quite what I thought it was.

Bigi is a sprinkler, every tenth of his passes end up a throw-in. Anita moves the ball well when used correctly, we've seen this before, especially when he was our best player for a month last autumn (even though we lost almost all of those games).

Anita-Sissoko

Marveaux

Should be it. Marveaux has been the best performer in a no 10 role, apart from the odd game Cabaye has had there.