Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tbf a think big part of it comes from being the main man. That's also how Pardew likes things. Now he's the central figure basically in charge of "making thFings happen wivth thvat bit of fret and quality".

I still hate the smarmy cnut! :knuppel2:

Some of our fans on Chronicle comments of one article arguing he's overrated and not really a central midfield player.  Sometimes I just despair at how misguided some opinions can be.  I've rarely seen a player who is more of a central midfield player and less of a winger than Sissoko.  Mind you on the same comments, someone was arguing that Cabaye is overrated and a pretty average player, so I never quite know what to think of a lot of the opinions I see on there.

There are plenty of bizarre opinions on here also tbf.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's still a massively limited footballer in the all-round general sense of things, but he has 2 key strengths that this League in particular is all about, especially when played centrally and that is power, pace, strength and running. I'm not getting carried away, however, Pardew has just won 6 on the bounce for example. If your're shit your're shit. In Sissoko's defence he's not exactly shit, but he's not exactly good either. Not in general and consistently anyway. I'm willing to change my mind if he can have a stellar season and keep it going, though...

Guest firetotheworks

I don't believe in if you're shit you're shit under Pardew like, not that Sissoko is anywhere near shit, he's our best player (not out on loan) imo. I think Sissoko would be brilliant, if continued through the middle, he's only been less effective (but still nowhere near being shit imo) whilst he was on the Right Wing.

He's still a massively limited footballer in the all-round general sense of things

He's a far better 'footballer' than the rest of our CMs and many in the league. He drives forward with the ball positively, can pass, can cross and can score. Sissoko is anything but limited. Erratic, inconsistent and possibly unorthadox but not limited.

There's so many midfielders in the league that define limited before Sissoko. The numerous safe passing/good in possession types that are in vogue for start.

He's still a massively limited footballer in the all-round general sense of things

He's a far better 'footballer' than the rest of our CMs and many in the league. He drives forward with the ball positively, can pass, can cross and can score. Sissoko is anything but limited. Erratic, inconsistent and possibly unorthadox maybe but not limited.

There's so many midfielders in the league that define limited before Sissoko. The numerous number of safe passing/good in possession types that are in vogue for start.

:thup:

He can do pretty much everything, just not consistently (yet).

Guest Howaythetoon

He's limited technically and as far as intelligence goes he has consistently shown that when he has time to think or to dwell, he fucks up. He's our best midfielder as an attacking force of course, because he's quick, he's strong, he has power and he has an eye for goal, but we have an average midfield in general so to say he is the best isn't saying much. I'd say of them all only Anita has shown he is a capable footballer in general. That said he seems a good egg and works hard and I'm obviously pleased for him. I just think he's hit a bit of a purple patch just like our manager (coincidence?!) and overall, he's juts not that good, like a few of our players.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't see how you can say that he's not that good like, but fair enough. The coincidence/purple patch that you speak of is more that he's finally been moved back to his central position that he played in when he first arrived and looked like a world beater. Pardew moved him to Right Wing and he was much, much less effective.

Guest Howaythetoon

What makes Anita a more 'capable footballer' than Sissoko? In the right team Anita would possibly be a good pass and move player, but he's far more limited than Sissoko. It's not even a contest between the two.

He has more intelligence on and off the ball, is arguably just as good an athlete and he can operate in a number of positions. I dare say he'd get a decent return of goals himself if played regularly and consistently. I just think as far as footballers go, he's more rounded. I accept they are totally different players, I've cited Anita as someone who I believe to be our best midfielder, regardless of position or role. I'd have him starting every week.

Guest Howaythetoon

As an aiside, I'd have him, Tiote and Sissoko in the middle, with a forward three of Sammy, Perez and Ben Arfa if he was still here and not ostracised by the prick in the dugout...

He's not anywhere near as good an athlete and clearly far less of a threat to the opposition goal. :lol:

Anita is exactly the kind of limited player I'm talking about. I think he can play one position and one style of football. He's a pass-and-go player, a recycler of possession. In the right team he'd likely be good as he was at Ajax but he's not got a lot about him.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's not anywhere near as good an athlete and clearly far less of a threat to the opposition goal. :lol:

Anita is exactly the kind of limited player I'm talking about. I think he can play one position and one style of football. He's a pass-and-go player, a recycler of possession. In the right team he'd likely be good as he was at Ajax but he's not got a lot about him.

The same can be applied to Sissoko really in that he fits one role only. I just think Anita is a more rounded, better footballer in terms of technical ability, passing, vision, awareness, positional sense etc. Mousa is obviously quicker, stronger and more powerful but that's about it. Ironically in this role with his traits he's a Pardew wet dream. It's fucking staggering it's taking the prick this long to use him in this way really. If I had to choose between the two I'd have Anita in my team ahead of Sissoko, although not really in a Pardew team.

Guest Howaythetoon

Fitness and endurance wise he probably is, just not as strong.

I'm not the quickest, fastest or strongest player at 7 aside but I run rings around some of those I play with in terms of stamina, fitness and endurance. Anita is a good all-round athlete. Read the context though Ron.

Guest Howaythetoon

I love Anita and his style but I'd still choose Sissoko every day.

Of all our midfielders he'd be my first choice, but then my team would be built around possession, movement, inter-play and intelligence and not so much sporadic bursts of speed and power which I acknowledge is quite handy in the PL as Sissoko and Pardew are benefitting from.

I love Anita and his style but I'd still choose Sissoko every day.

Of all our midfielders he'd be my first choice, but then my team would be built around possession, movement, inter-play and intelligence and not so much sporadic bursts of speed and power which I acknowledge is quite handy in the PL as Sissoko and Pardew are benefitting from.

Actually my team would be built around that too, there's just something class about Moussa that I couldn't turn down.

In his overall time here Sissoko has definitely shown he has significant technical deficiencies. There's been long periods where the ball has just bounced off his feet and he's lost possession. His passing hasn't been the best either. Saying that, he's been exceptional in pretty much every regard the last couple of months but let's not forget the previous several months where at times he barely looked like a footballer.

Guest firetotheworks

I dunno why one compliment of a player has to be a criticism of another. They're absolutely nothing alike, any comparison is surely totally moot?

In his overall time here Sissoko has definitely shown he has significant technical deficiencies. There's been long periods where the ball has just bounced off his feet and he's lost possession. His passing hasn't been the best either. Saying that, he's been exceptional in pretty much every regard the last couple of months but let's not forget the previous several months where at times he barely looked like a footballer.

oh...you mean like how the whole squad looked like. hard to blame them