Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd build a midfield around Sissoko man. Someone to do his dirty work and let him boss it everywhere else. He's terrifyingly good in this form.

:thup:

building a team around sissoko dictates you're in for the long haul as a defensive, counter-attacking team like

Not sure that's necessarily true, even if we had more possession I don't see why he wouldn't be effective. Everyone counter attacks sometimes, there are a lot of transitions in football.

I'm not one of those who still questions if he can play in a team with more possession and playing further up field more frequently like some. I'm one who believes he can do it all through the middle - he just needs a good cleanup man and another ball passer or more creative player next to him.

I think we just have different definitions of what building a team around a player means.

He could play in any number of systems, to be honest, a player of his ilk can have a role in a variety of gameplans. He's the ultimate transition player, granted, but he's got far more in his locker than just being strong & fast. Consistency is an issue; but he's shown he's capable of doing a lot of different things in his time here, I wouldn't say he's limited in the slightest.

I'd build a midfield around Sissoko man. Someone to do his dirty work and let him boss it everywhere else. He's terrifyingly good in this form.

building a team around sissoko dictates you're in for the long haul as a defensive, counter-attacking team like

He's no Cronaldo but R Madrid have been a counter-attacking team ever since he's joined. Hardly a defensive team. Napoli Mazzarri a very counter-attacking team. in fact most Mourinho teams are basically counter-attacking teams.

He's no Cronaldo but R Madrid have been a counter-attacking team ever since he's joined. Hardly a defensive team. Napoli Mazzarri a very counter-attacking team. in fact most Mourinho teams are basically counter-attacking teams.

Well yeah, but we've got Pardew in charge :lol:

Not sure that's necessarily true, even if we had more possession I don't see why he wouldn't be effective. Everyone counter attacks sometimes, there are a lot of transitions in football.

I'm not one of those who still questions if he can play in a team with more possession and playing further up field more frequently like some. I'm one who believes he can do it all through the middle - he just needs a good cleanup man and another ball passer or more creative player next to him.

I think we just have different definitions of what building a team around a player means.

Oh ya? What is yours?

Oh ya? What is yours?

notice i don't say i think you're wrong

for me building a team around a midfield player means developing a style of play that revolves around that player as your primary attacking weapon, in a sense what pardew wanted to do with cabaye except he wasn't very good at it

i'm not sure you could necessarily do that with sissoko as i honestly don't think he's got the tools to be able to control possession and control games so you'd essentially be looking to set yourself up as a counter-attacking team with sissoko as the ultimate transition player

you could try to make him the yaya of your team but i'm also not convinced he's got the consistency or goals in him to make that work

if you end up signing players to control the play and also use him as the transition player in the team then you're not really building a team around him imho

it's semantics though at the end of the day

The way we've been set up for this winning run I'd argue it has been based around Sissoko tbh, making sure he can be at his most effective on the counter (Basically removing his defensive responsibilities, while still having him predominantly playing as a hybrid CM/CAM).

I remember first half against Fulham (a) when we lost 5-2 we looked to fully control the game. But that is a rarity for Pardew.

Yep, I was at that game and we were absolutely cruising in the first half. I was telling my girlfriend that she was lucky to be at such a good NUFC performance. Then the implosion.

I remember first half against Fulham (a) when we lost 5-2 we looked to fully control the game. But that is a rarity for Pardew.

Yep, I was at that game and we were absolutely cruising in the first half. I was telling my girlfriend that she was lucky to be at such a good NUFC performance. Then the implosion.

Aye, arguably the most controlling i've ever seen a Pardew side play away in the PL.

He's still a massively limited footballer in the all-round general sense of things, but he has 2 key strengths that this League in particular is all about, especially when played centrally and that is power, pace, strength and running. I'm not getting carried away, however, Pardew has just won 6 on the bounce for example. If your're shit your're shit. In Sissoko's defence he's not exactly shit, but he's not exactly good either. Not in general and consistently anyway. I'm willing to change my mind if he can have a stellar season and keep it going, though...

Milligan, Cleese, Everett. Sessions