Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

Serious attempt at a Giggs World Record, this thread.

Apologies if me, I've purposely stayed away from the thread so I didn't wind myself more about it. Just about calmed down now to think straight about yesterday, match, performance, injuries, the lot.

Serious attempt at a Giggs World Record, this thread.

Yep, although I don't think anyone has mentioned Graham Poll's opinion. He thinks Halsey should retire. Apparently McManaman has done this sort of thuggery before, I'll try and dig out the link.

Also, has anyone read about Dave Whelan's interview?

I am certain that this has been said already so apologies but a huge amount of Whelan's stance on this  lies in the unadulterated hatred there has been between him and Mike Ashley over a number of years. DW believes that Ashley systematically set out (and succeeded) to destroy JJB.

Guest bimpy474

What is being overlooked in the media is just how bad his actual refereeing of the game was.

Many of his decisions (which went against us as it happens) were terrible, it isn't just the tackle he missed.

Guest bimpy474

Whelan was just on SSN again, i'm off to play Mass Effect 3 multiplayer an imagine every head i blow off is that old cunts.

Guest bimpy474

Whelan was just on SSN again, i'm off to play Mass Effect 3 multiplayer an imagine every head i blow off is that old cunts.

what did he say?

Same as he said for the last 8 hours they've been replaying the fecking vid.

Might have been posted before:

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/newcastleunited/id/723?&cc=5739

Good read

Very good read indeed :thup:

From the comments:

Football can learn from rugby arguments are generally tedious, but when it comes to the disciplinary system, the FA really should look at rugby's example.

A citing officer examines all the games and acts independently of the referees. That means he can charge players for incidents missed by the match officials and also players involved in foul play spotted by the ref but perhaps not dealt with sufficiently harshly.

Players subsequently found guilty at a disciplinary hearing are punished using a sliding scale that reflects the severity of the offence, the circumstances and any past history of misconduct. A player found guilty of stamping could be banned for two weeks if it was a minor incident, but the suspension might be 16 weeks if it was more serious and resulted in an injury. The disciplinary committee can also rule a sending off was sufficient punishment and that no suspension is necessary.

No system is perfect and there are still controversies in rugby, but at least it means there is a chance of the punishment fitting the crime. A couple of years ago a French rugby player was banned for 100 weeks for eye gouging - in English football he'd have received the same three-match ban as a player who slapped someone. 

I know nothing about rugby but this is basically the system that is used in ice hockey. :thup:

Guest palnese

He failed to send off Perch as well.

It was no way a red card offence. Loved the way Perch acted after it, total gentleman. :smitten:

No, but Perch was already on a yellow.

He failed to send off Perch as well.

It was no way a red card offence. Loved the way Perch acted after it, total gentleman. :smitten:

No, but Perch was already on a yellow.

Thought he got a yellow from that if you mean the Kone-kicking?

I am certain that this has been said already so apologies but a huge amount of Whelan's stance on this  lies in the unadulterated hatred there has been between him and Mike Ashley over a number of years. DW believes that Ashley systematically set out (and succeeded) to destroy JJB.

You're doubtless correct and I'm sure Whelan and Ashley are as big cunts as each other, but it says a lot about Whelan that he'll trivialise and defend a brutal, career threatening attack on a talented youngster new to the country just to score points that don't make any fucking difference to anyone.  He's lost my respect completely.