Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

Not sure about legal action like. You start going down a dangerous path with that. Plus, have to remember some of our own players over time. Remember Guthrie breaking that lads leg, played for Hull I think.

I was thinking about this earlier, Guthrie did get applauded off the pitch as well, although I was in level seven and couldn't see exactly what he had done. Craig Fagan was behaving like an absolute tosser all game, not that he deserved to have his leg broken in the slightest but he had been provoking our players in what had been an extremely tense atmosphere.

Not sure about legal action like. You start going down a dangerous path with that. Plus, have to remember some of our own players over time. Remember Guthrie breaking that lads leg, played for Hull I think.

i'd have no problem with our players getting sued if they done something like that (especially in guthries case as it wasn't even a tackle, that was ABH). however it's going to be difficuilt to get a court to decide on intent etc.

So Martinez saying McManaman is not that type of player

Lies ask Gai Assulin Wigan v Man City Reserves Gai was stretchered off in injury time with his right leg in a brace, following a wild challenge by Callum McMananman.

Ban him for life. :blackeye:

Lies ask Gai Assulin Wigan v Man City Reserves Gai was stretchered off in injury time with his right leg in a brace, following a wild challenge by Callum McMananman.

wasnt that giggs, not mcmanaman

wasnt that giggs, not mcmanaman

No mcmanaman

People are keep brining up this Gai Assulin challenge without ever having seen it :lol:

He was yellow carded for it.

No he wasnt yellow carded for the tackle he was already on a yellow so the ref let it go again should have got a second yellow.

i'd have no problem with our players getting sued if they done something like that (especially in guthries case as it wasn't even a tackle, that was ABH). however it's going to be difficuilt to get a court to decide on intent etc.

We settled out of court with Everton over the Nolan tackle.

savage spouting s**** as normal

"McManaman will learn from it and that should be the end of it - at the moment I feel a bit sorry for him, although clearly I wish the young boy Haidara well too and hopefully he is not badly injured.

But, speaking as someone who made my living out of tackling, I understand how it happened.

I know that as soon as McManaman committed himself to that challenge then there was no way he could pull out of it.

You sometimes have a split-second to decide whether to make a tackle and, if it was for a 50-50 ball like that one, then in my mind I would be thinking if anyone's getting hurt here, then it's not me. Most of the time, the other player is thinking the same.

So I would go in as hard as I could to protect myself but my aims were always to win the ball and not get hurt. If you pull out, or go in tentatively, then it is you who gets hurt.

It is a bit like a plane taking off, because there is a point of no return. Once you are past that, you know that if you have got it wrong then the outcome can be nasty."

if you dont want to cripple someone, then dont take off knee high studs showing

People are keep brining up this Gai Assulin challenge without ever having seen it :lol:

No he wasnt yellow carded for the tackle he was already on a yellow so the ref let it go again should have got a second yellow.

What?

He was given a 2nd yellow and sent off, hence he was yellow carded for that challenge.

What?

He was given a 2nd yellow and sent off, hence he was yellow carded for that challenge.

My bad m8 I was lead to believe he was spared the second yellow on the foul.

savage spouting s**** as normal

"McManaman will learn from it and that should be the end of it - at the moment I feel a bit sorry for him, although clearly I wish the young boy Haidara well too and hopefully he is not badly injured.

But, speaking as someone who made my living out of tackling, I understand how it happened.

I know that as soon as McManaman committed himself to that challenge then there was no way he could pull out of it.

You sometimes have a split-second to decide whether to make a tackle and, if it was for a 50-50 ball like that one, then in my mind I would be thinking if anyone's getting hurt here, then it's not me. Most of the time, the other player is thinking the same.

So I would go in as hard as I could to protect myself but my aims were always to win the ball and not get hurt. If you pull out, or go in tentatively, then it is you who gets hurt.

It is a bit like a plane taking off, because there is a point of no return. Once you are past that, you know that if you have got it wrong then the outcome can be nasty."

if you dont want to cripple someone, then dont take off knee high studs showing

Robbie should know better : Youtube - Gorka Pintado vs Robbie Savage (nasty tackle)

We settled out of court with Everton over the Nolan tackle.

did we ? never knew that. still think it would be difficuilt on most occasions.