Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Guest chicken little

i'm going to come right out and make it clear: anyone who sincerely thinks we should change systems to one where we play any number of defenders that isn't four probably shouldn't be trusted with sharp implements.

Come the end of the season, we'll be calling this lad the buy of the window. Fantastic footballer who will be phenomenal if he reaches his potential. No disrespect to our other imports, we've bought 4 other players in that all have quality but this one has that extra edge.

We'd be mad to not play him tomorrow.

Come the end of the season, we'll be calling this lad the buy of the window. Fantastic footballer who will be phenomenal if he reaches his potential. No disrespect to our other imports, we've bought 4 other players in that all have quality but this one has that extra edge.

We'd be mad to not play him tomorrow.

He'll do well to do better than I think Sissoko will do, you're right though, he should start tomorrow.

Sissoko's obviously a very good player but (based on his time in France) this boy's simply a step ahead, I hope he showcases that over the next few months.

I have no doubt that he could be a very important player for us.  I actually think Debuchy, Sissoko and Yanga-Mbiwa will all do well.  I'm not sure how Haidara will do and I think Gouffran needs to get off to a good start.

I think they'll all do well, we very rarely pick up flops these days. I've made my opinion known about Gouffran and I think he's actually the biggest positional improvement we've got, as he's on a different planet to Shola as back up in the middle and is streets ahead of Obertan and Jonas on the wing in a 4-3-3 too. Plus he's simply a vital asset because he knows where the goal is, he's an automatic starter in my opinion, we've only got 1 proven goalscorer in the team apart from him.

Raving about this lad on the Guardian podcast, saying a top CL team should have come in for him.

Sigh ... you just watch Pardew not put this guy straight into the team.

I'll be so annoyed.

Frightened to death of the lineup for tonight.

Pardew is capable of the most incomprehensible things ...

Guest reefatoon

I know it is just off You Tube, but the clips watched,  he always seems to get that touch in ahead of the attacker.  It reminded me of how Woodgate used to play and read the game for us.  If he can be like that in a black and white shirt it will be fantastic to watch.

I know it is just off You Tube, but the clips watched,  he always seems to get that touch in ahead of the attacker.  It reminded me of how Woodgate used to play and read the game for us.  If he can be like that in a black and white shirt it will be fantastic to watch.

http://nothingbutnewcastle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Souness-and-Boumsong.jpg

http://nothingbutnewcastle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Souness-and-Boumsong.jpg

:scared:

Wonder why this wasn't a 6.5 year contract like Sissokos? They're the same age aren't they?

Probably not putting all our eggs in one basket, so we don't have a load of contracts expiring in one go. 

If it's a toss up between Saylor and MYM tonight I think MYM should get it. Saylor is short of match fitness and was on bench last week, can't be too difficult to pick up four or five words to help with defensive duties (man-on, step, Mapous ball, short, wide, line...etc). Didn't affect Debuchy!!

Bloke looks class on the tube!

Wouldn't be worried if Sayls came on as he is a big improvement on willo, just worries me about lack of match fitness.

Guest Roger Kint

I really don't get the comments from people saying they'd understand if Pardew doesn't start him.

He's a fucking idiot if he doesn't.

This is my thinking as well. Would be different if Saylor had been playing regularly, but he hasn't.

What if he promised Saylor a start last week thinking Colo/MYM wouldnt be here? If he starts i would imagine it was due to this rather than a basic one or the other selection.