Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Suarez gives every defender a hard time no matter what level they are at or who they play for.  Suarez is a night mare to defend against. To close and he can spin you or drawer a foul..

Stand off and he can skin you alive, go left or right...or even meg.

Colo had a hard time but other defenders have it just as bad with Suarez.

He got caught out by a long ball over the top on both occasions.  He should have cut both balls out before they even got to said brilliant players.

Taylor dropped a bollock at Tottenham. Left Colo (with his lack of pace) high and dry with his non challenge on Adebayor IMO.

Can't really be bothered to argue the toss as it was discussed thoroughly at the time.

Guest icemanblue

He got caught out by a long ball over the top on both occasions.  He should have cut both balls out before they even got to said brilliant players.

Taylor dropped a bollock at Tottenham. Left Colo (with his lack of pace) high and dry with his non challenge on Adebayor IMO.

Can't really be bothered to argue the toss as it was discussed thoroughly at the time.

Yep, you're absolutely right. I see no other alternative than to issue you with a :thup: .

It's yours to keep. Congratulations!

Yep, you're absolutely right. I see no other alternative than to issue you with a :thup: .

It's yours to keep. Congratulations!

Thanks  O0. Though your approval may be seen as the kiss of death by some in these parts.

Anyway, I don't think it represents a long-term decline in Colo, he's still fantastic.

Exactly. Not really an alarming slide. He had a mare against WBA (2-3) and Spurs (0-5) in 11/12 as well. When we defend too hight he's vulnerable because of his lack of pace. That will always be the case. Mapou rectifies a lot of that.

Nah he was crap for a lot of last season.

So was everyone though. Like I say, it's some poor performances, it's not a general long-term decline.

Yep. And Colo's poor play I think can be attributed a lot to his personal struggles last year.

Nah he was crap for a lot of last season.

So was everyone though. Like I say, it's some poor performances, it's not a general long-term decline.

Yep. And Colo's poor play I think can be attributed a lot to his personal struggles last year.

He was much better after the transfer window, that's for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

One bad game and this lad's straight back in the really bad books? He'd been woeful today but was the pick of the bunch for the last 4 games or whatever.

He's not. Him and Colo together are an accident waiting to happen and always will be, though.

Ah the old a player is missing for a bit and mysteriously he has become a better player in that time frame.

Better than who? Two players who can't and won't compete physically. Have a fucking word.

You're making Taylor sound like Sol Campbell in his prime.

Everton don't just have power they also have a lot of pace as well which is something he has always struggled against in the past.

From the reports of what type of player Douglas is I really can't understand why* we didn't sign him to be that more domineering central defensive presence.

*Aye Kinner pulled the plug but you know what I mean.