Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Zola would come here, IMO, and I'd snap every limb off to get him.

Based on what? Done nothing at all as manager of West Ham and couldnt get Watfords team up despite being given the best players in the league

Far too much of this bullshit, like. Classy attacking player = classy attacking manager. It's such baseless bollocks.

:thup:

Defender = defensive seems to be proving itself mind ;)

Based on what? Done nothing at all as manager of West Ham and couldnt get Watfords team up despite being given the best players in the league

Far too much of this bullshit, like. Classy attacking player = classy attacking manager. It's such baseless bollocks.

yeah, southampton looked proper defensive at the weekend!

Guest Roger Kint

Wish Pardew was a defender, we might be able to keep a clean sheet

Based on the fact he's not Alan Pardew and he actually gets his teams to attack. Doesn't mean I actually think he's any good, he'd simply have a refreshing philosophy considering what we've generally been served up over the last 4 years.

Guest Roger Kint

Based on the fact he's not Alan Pardew and he actually gets his teams to attack. Doesn't mean I actually think he's any good, he'd simply have a refreshing philosophy considering what we've generally been served up over the last 4 years.

You would snap every limb off for someone you dont think is very good? Strange logic

Apart from his team's have actually played attacking football? Will reiterate what I said to Kint; I don't actually rate him much, he's just not a fanny when it comes to winning games and would happily work in our structure.

Guest Roger Kint

Would much rather have someone like De Boer than Moyes.

Dare say De boer has a choice in it like, sure he would come to avoid the Champions League this week

You would snap every limb off for someone you dont think is very good? Strange logic

I'd snap every limb off to not witness an Alan Pardew borefest ever again. I'm at the point where I just want us to attack and be somewhat exciting. To play some actual football.

Guest Roger Kint

I didn't say that De Boer is very realistic, did i...

Might as well have said you prefer Mourinho if pointless suggestions floats your boat.....

Guest Roger Kint

I'd snap every limb off to not witness an Alan Pardew borefest ever again. I'm at the point where I just want us to attack and be somewhat exciting. To play some actual football.

No you said for Zola, not to be rid of Pardew. Big difference and i dont remember Watford being that exciting either

A lot of the good appointments over the last few years have been promising young managers on the up and involved thinking outside of the box. Martinez, Rodgers, Pocchetino etc.

This is what I don't understand about the "there's nobody available" argument. What people mean is they can only think of about 5 managers currently out of a job who are usually on the British manager merry-go-round. Who knew about Rodgers when he was coaching Chelsea's reserves or Pocchetino when he was at Espanyol? Few I'd imagine. There's got to be literally hundreds of coaches/managers working with less resources, on less money who'd kill for a PL job. The Premier League is a cash bonanza because of the TV money, even at a club with tightarse cunt owner like ours gets more freedom on transfers and wages than many clubs across Europe and in the lower leagues. Other than the Russian Premier League, PSG and the top 2 in Spain most of Europe is running on a net transfer profit.

There's an argument that we need somebody with experience in the PL already to steady the ship but I'm not sure. I just want somebody who has coaching ability, a vision and a personality to back it up. Poyet kept the mackems up after they gave the rest of the league an 8 game head start, any decent twat could keep us up imo.

A lot of the good appointments over the last few years have been promising young managers on the up and involved thinking outside of the box. Martinez, Rodgers, Pocchetino etc.

This is what I don't understand about the "there's nobody available" argument. What people mean is they can only think of about 5 managers currently out of a job who are usually on the British manager merry-go-round. Who knew about Rodgers when he was coaching Chelsea's reserves or Pocchetino when he was at Espanyol? Few I'd imagine. There's got to be literally hundreds of coaches/managers working with less resources, on less money who'd kill for a PL job. The Premier League is a cash bonanza because of the TV money, even at a club with tightarse cunt owner like ours gets more freedom on transfers and wages than many clubs across Europe and in the lower leagues. Other than the Russian Premier League, PSG and the top 2 in Spain most of Europe is running on a net transfer profit.

There's an argument that we need somebody with experience in the PL already to steady the ship but I'm not sure. I just want somebody who has coaching ability, a vision and a personality to back it up. Poyet kept the mackems up after they gave the rest of the league an 8 game head start, any decent twat could keep us up imo.

Completely agree, and also think it's stupid that callers on phone-ins get asked "but who would you go for" as if it's their job to know about all these managers of La Liga and Ligue Un clubs.

I'm more reluctant than almost anyone to change the manager, but Pardew has had a number of years now. Stability isn't an argument that makes any sense any more.

Although it did before, so I was right

I think our only hope of getting a reasonable replacement is that Lee Charnley and Graham Carr have some say in this whole process.

I don't know much about Charnley but for some reason I have more confidence in him making an informed decision than I do Ashley, Llambias, Kinnear or any other behind-the-scenes croney we've had.

I've no idea where this faith comes from but i've got to cling to something.

No you said for Zola, not to be rid of Pardew. Big difference and i dont remember Watford being that exciting either

I'm confused as to how you think my wanting of Zola and dislike of Pardew are mutually exclusive? Watford played some very decent stuff during his tenure.

I'll rephrase: the dross that has been on show for the last 4 years has led me to a place of desperation where I'd happily have a manager I don't even rate that much to be put in charge of the team simply because he sets teams up to win games by as many goals as possible.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm confused as to how you think my wanting of Zola and dislike of Pardew are mutually exclusive? Watford played some very decent stuff during his tenure.

I'll rephrase: the dross that has been on show for the last 4 years has led me to a place of desperation where I'd happily have a manager I don't even rate that much to be put in charge of the team simply because he sets teams up to win games by as many goals as possible.

Your original post was solely about Zola. There was no mention of Pardew and the idea you would snap off every limb to get another poor manager is bizarre. I would reserve that for unrealistic mangers but not one i admit to not rating. It doesnt have to be mutually excusive to be stupid tbh