Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Retweeted by Mark Wardle

Daniel Busch ‏@dan_bu  7m

Tuchel reportedly ready to take over a club now if circumstances are right. Interested in the HSV job for a long time, but nothing done yet.

:frantic:

Honigstein told me (yes I am boasting) when I asked him if Tuchel would be interested in NUFC that he is fluent in English.

f***ing hell. He needs to be the one

What's the story with this guy then? Can't say I've ever heard of him.

Posted these earlier - worth a read:

http://bundesligafanatic.com/tuchel-mainz-retrospective/

http://sport.bt.com/sportfootball/football/europeanfootball/bundesliga/the-main-man-at-mainz-S11363876017120

Not mentioned in the articles, but I am sure I read somewhere that he often used to train the team on a rhomboid shaped pitch to stop his full backs hitting the ball long down the line.

Retweeted by Mark Wardle

Tuchel reportedly ready to take over a club now if circumstances are right. Interested in the HSV job for a long time, but nothing done yet.

Honigstein told me (yes I am boasting) when I asked him if Tuchel would be interested in NUFC that he is fluent in English.

http://sport.bt.com/sportfootball/football/europeanfootball/bundesliga/the-main-man-at-mainz-S11363876017120

Not mentioned in the articles, but I am sure I read somewhere that he often used to train the team on a rhomboid shaped pitch to stop his full backs hitting the ball long down the line.

Cheers, will have a read of them in a bit and get all excited before realising we're going to end up with Pulis.

What if there is something in the rumours about Colo taking over - is there any chance he could be any good?

Are there any top coaches he's worked/played with in the past he could bring in to help out?

No. Ancelotti didn't rate him.

Retweeted by Mark Wardle

Fuck me I don't want anyone else after reading those.  :drool:

I've been dreaming about Tuchel Being NUFC manager for a while, he's a great coach. Unfortunately Mainz won't release him from his contract until it expires in June next year. I think he has an agreement with Schalke, which is why they've decided to throw away a year with the mediocre Jens Keller. Tuchel is worth wasting a year for imo.

Amongst the other candidates I'd push the boat out for Moyes.

Surely the idea that no one good would work for Ashley is a bit overplayed, no matter what everyone thinks of him.  Most Premier League Chairman have a reputation for being a bit crazy in some way, or are deeply unpopular.  It hasn't stopped the rest of the clubs in the league appointing a competent manager for the most part.  There just aren't that many good jobs available.  My main worry is about who Ashley will randomly pick from obscurity, so he can pay them peanuts.  If he wanted to I'm sure he could attract Moyes or someone like that.  It's not like we're a club with a fast sacking reputation anymore.  If Pardew can survive four years, you'd have to back yourself as a good manager to get some time.  I just think it'll be Ashley's decision making process that would land us with a poor manager rather than the club's attractiveness.

Surely the idea that no one good would work for Ashley is a bit overplayed, no matter what everyone thinks of him.  Most Premier League Chairman have a reputation for being a bit crazy in some way, or are deeply unpopular.  It hasn't stopped the rest of the clubs in the league appointing a competent manager for the most part.  There just aren't that many good jobs available.  My main worry is about who Ashley will randomly pick from obscurity, so he can pay them peanuts.  If he wanted to I'm sure he could attract Moyes or someone like that.  It's not like we're a club with a fast sacking reputation anymore.  If Pardew can survive four years, you'd have to back yourself as a good manager to get some time.  I just think it'll be Ashley's decision making process that would land us with a poor manager rather than the club's attractiveness.

I don't think the sticking point for a lot of British managers like Moyes would be wages or working within a budget, but I think they'll want to be able to sign their own players. Pardew's list (which was shite) got completely ignored by the board and they can do that with him because he's just a yes man.

I don't think the sticking point for a lot of British managers like Moyes would be wages or working within a budget, but I think they'll want to be able to sign their own players. Pardew's list (which was s****) got completely ignored by the board and they can do that with him because he's just a yes man.

That could be down to Ashley having no faith in Pardew, but it does seem like he wants it to be cheap and chearful, so it might be a sticking point in both transfers and wages.  I think the club could attract someone with the right decision making though and it isn't Ashley's reputation that is the sticking point, but his decision making of offering low wages and restricted conditions.  It's literally insane that with this kind of policy we haven't gone with a foreign coach.  They're all used to this exact setup and yet we're trying to shoehorn old fashioned British managers into it.

I'd absoulutely settle for Moyes and a club of our pedigree should suit him very well. He'd get the results in guaranteed. However I can't overcome my envy of Everton, Southampton, Tottenham, Swansea and Liverpool employing young managers with continental and attacking approaches. I want to gamble on a manager with an attacking philosophy and I honestly don't think that's a lot to ask for. Aforementioned Tuchel would be perfect and a club like ours could be a good start for him outside of Germany. Laudrup I would also like very much and I've heard good things about Eddie Howe. I think realistically they would all relish the opportunity here even though they had to endure working under Ashley. We're not short of options and at least I'm still positive. I suppose it's fools hope nonetheless as we're going to end up with Tim Sherwood.