Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Is Moyes a notoriously negative coach now? Personally always looked forward to watching his Everton teams play. He is a class above the likes of Pardew, Pulis and Fat Head.

Apparently you finish 4th, 5th and 6th multiple times with a totally penniless Everton by playing boring, negative football. They just add on 10 wins at the end of the season as fan compensation.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4560310/Alan-Pardew-signs-eight-year-contract-at-Newcastle.html

ALAN PARDEW has been handed an amazing EIGHT-YEAR deal by Newcastle worth £25million.

Anyone got a better source to disprove this figure? I know the Sun is garbage but I'm yet to see anyone else present a sourced version of his salary from the time the contract was signed.

Hope Ronaldo doesn't see this, he'll be calling Ferdinand worse than shit for daring to suggest Moyes was out of his league with his small club mentality.

Do you downplay Moyes so much because you once said you'd keep Pardew over hiring him?

:papiss:

What I said was what is the point of sacking Pardew if we are going to bring in another dour manager. Moyes is not the manager I would want for all the reasons Ferdinand has highlighted. There are lots of foreign coaches with much better playing philosophies that would suit our players better.

I'd prefer a manager prepared to tell the owner we need some players fit for PL purpose instead of cheap nothings from second-rate leagues.

Southampton seem to have done okay hiring cheap nothings from second rate leagues.

I'd prefer a manager prepared to tell the owner we need some players fit for PL purpose instead of cheap nothings from second-rate leagues.

I don't think, on the whole, the players we have bought aren't fit for purpose.  A better manager would have made better use of the players we had last season and have this season.

Of course he would. But the club have no grasp or interest in the concept of building a team around players with appropriate experience, leadership and suitability for the league and I'd rather that was tackled or we'll eventually go down.

Steve Clarke would be a good cheap option, and he was here previously under the great man himself, and so would know what to expect. Handled himself okay at West Brom, and I could see him doing much better with the calibre of players we can get in.

Steve Clarke would be a good cheap option, and he was here previously under the great man himself, and so would know what to expect. Handled himself okay at West Brom, and I could see him doing much better with the calibre of players we can get in.

No thanks.

No thanks.

TRon we cannot afford to be pig headed about this! Trust me!

Steve Clarke would be a good cheap option, and he was here previously under the great man himself, and so would know what to expect.

Eh?

Spent some time working with Robson after Gullit left didn't he.

Steve Clarke would be a good cheap option, and he was here previously under the great man himself, and so would know what to expect.

Eh?

He's a good number 2 but he's not manager material for me, or at least not a club of this stature. Championship maybe.

Eh?

He's a good number 2 but he's not manager material for me, or at least not a club of this stature. Championship maybe.

I feel like we need more of a coach than a manager tbh. Someone that will work with any players that are brought in, and won't be clueless as to who they are, or how they should be used. Hughton for example was managing okay, as long as he didn't have to make decisions on the players coming in, which he tanked at when at Norwich.

Eh?

I feel like we need more of a coach than a manager tbh. Someone that will work with any players that are brought in, and won't be clueless as to who they are, or how they should be used. Hughton for example was managing okay, as long as he didn't have to make decisions on the players coming in, which he tanked at when at Norwich.

Someone like paul clement

If it has to be English and out of work I'd take Sherwood in heartbeat. Think he's an absolute wanker but he'd be a good option for us, not afraid to trust young players in key roles either at the expense of established players.

Prefer someone proven but would not be that despondent with him.