Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Guest antz1uk

Scott Wilson of the Echo reckons Charnley to start formal talks with mclaren this week. Urgh

It must be damningly obvious by now that neither Ashley or his secretary Charnley are comfortable with a foreign manager. I'm surprised they even got as far as interviewing Garde before being too intimidated by his French intellect. Joe Kinnear and Carver must be so much more easy to share a pint with.

That's probably nail on the head, the thought of a foreign manager probably petrifies the pair of idiots. the whole set up is an abomination. a footballing institution in such a multi cultural world ran by one muppett who hasn't got the balls or brains to even know his mobile number was public knowledge

Garde, Girard, etc. manager capable of playing good effective technical football, not ruin players who are signed and get this team actually playing attractive football. One who sees scalps out of the top 7 and believes this club can get up there (without having to say it to the hierarchy) and one that doesn't instill this we've already lost before we've turned up mentality into the players. And for god sake one who sees the likes of The derby as an opportunity to reinstall the annual whipping we used to enjoy before Pardew arrived.

Guest antz1uk

Garde, Girard, etc. manager capable of playing good effective technical football, not ruin players who are signed and get this team actually playing attractive football. One who sees scalps out of the top 7 and believes this club can get up there (without having to say it to the hierarchy) and one that doesn't instill this we've already lost before we've turned up mentality into the players.

and can do it on a small budget bringing youth through, while having their best players sold. all too much of a sensible option

Those guys punched above their weight and won something or nearly did with budgets even smaller than ours. They had their best players sold all the time and they got on with it. They also never backed down to the so called elite clubs and went for it. Give me that man. We go down to Chelsea and lose 3-1 but put in an effort and try and make a match of it I'm fine. But we show up and lay down for them as they cruise in 2nd gear to a boring 2-0 win get the F out of here.

If there was any way for Ashley to even try to appear genuine in his statement last weekend, he would have to back it up with this decision.

All that stuff about 'football board' and 'Charnley' etc is very obviously bollocks. Who does that board report to? Him. Is he going to accept not having a say in the appointment? Not a fucking hope.

The very best thing he could do now would be to make very clear his expectations on the new manager.

- Credibility

- Good Brand of Football

- Capable of uniting a fragmented squad

- History of turnarounds and of delivering trophies

To me that points to someone of bigger gravitas than even a Garde and certainly way better than a Charver or Boring Steve.

For anyone to really buy into his SSSB (Sky Sports Scripted Bollocks) he needs to back it up with a big name.

It may be impossible, it may sound mackem-esque but fuck it, we should at the very least enquire about a super manager. They've pretty much all worked at worse clubs than ours at some stage.

Why not ask the question of Klopp?

We're not getting fucking Kloppo man :lol:

I didn't say we were or even that we could but, if Ashley wants to appear genuine in his 'new NUFC', then it would take that level of appointment to really get any traction.

Steve McClaren or Bulldog face are backward steps in almost every way. Hardly the appointments to galvanise a new NUFC.

Scott Wilson of the Echo reckons Charnley to start formal talks with mclaren this week. Urgh

It must be damningly obvious by now that neither Ashley or his secretary Charnley are comfortable with a foreign manager. I'm surprised they even got as far as interviewing Garde before being too intimidated by his French intellect. Joe Kinnear and Carver must be so much more easy to share a pint with.

That's probably nail on the head, the thought of a foreign manager probably petrifies the pair of idiots. the whole set up is an abomination. a footballing institution in such a multi cultural world ran by one muppett who hasn't got the balls or brains to even know his mobile number was public knowledge

What's more galling is that even clubs like boro and Watford are confident enough to look abroad yet we are still stuck in the 1990's. But then when you consider neither Ashley or Charnley have any sort of football knowledge maybe it's easier to deal with an oaf like Carver.

With the threat of Carver looming, McClaren wouldn't seem such a bad choice. How depressing.

Can't disagree with this. In any normal world I would be massively disappointed by McClaren, but sadly we're in a world where potential disasters are everywhere.

I would still definitely rather go with someone young and a bit more interesting.

To be honest, of the two choices, I might prefer Carver because it would crash and burn much faster. Having McLaren will be another Pardew slow trudge into oblivion.

With the threat of Carver looming, McClaren wouldn't seem such a bad choice. How depressing.

Can't disagree with this. In any normal world I would be massively disappointed by McClaren, but sadly we're in a world where potential disasters are everywhere.

I would still definitely rather go with someone young and a bit more interesting.

To be honest, of the two choices, I might prefer Carver because it would crash and burn much faster. Having McLaren will be another Pardew slow trudge into oblivion.

Aye, I see where you're coming from, although I think McLaren is a lot more capable than Pardew.

Aye, I see where you're coming from, although I think McLaren is a lot more capable than Pardew.

Agree, sure, but we all know it would likely go nowhere with him and he'd be treading water for 3 years