Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

so no-one fancy mckay as i said before?  seems to be one of the more realistic available managers to me like

Nah. Think he's just your bog standard British manager.

what are you all realistically hoping for here if we get rid of pardew like? :lol:

i mean wish lists are great but fucking hell

Amazing that.. :lol: Or was that the start of the second half when his team were behind at HT?

I think they would line up like that to kick off and for every goal they conceded which was not as much as i thought. he was appointed in august 2012, sacked in february 2013 so within the 6 months he took charge, roma scored 46 goals and conceded 38 goals.

Guest Walter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zden%C4%9Bk_Zeman

Tactics

It is said that Zeman's tactics were inspired by his time playing, not football, but handball as a student.

The 4-3-3 football scheme

Based on Dutch Total Voetball, Zdeněk Zeman his 4-3-3 system as "geometry", and also for a football philosophy clearly based on the attacking side, the offside, and zone marking. His teams are well known for their ability to score goals, but also for the corresponding tendency to concede them.

His coaching techniques, especially in regards to training (a field for which he has a particular interest), are also proverbial for their effort and diligence. High defense line, offside trap, high pressing, zonal marking. But even short first touch passes. Wingers are set to move inside the channels. The whole of these things makes this tactic solid, spectacular and extremely versatile: it is good against top teams as well as low one

Having the right players for this tactic is important, although no particular characteristics are needed:

Sweeper Keeper: It would be better if he had some good dribble ability

Wing Back: they must be wing backs Not Full Backs. And this is the most important zone of the field where you want to spend money to get good players. they make a difference

Center Back: Heading, marking, tackling, jumping, pace positioning and acceleration...

Central Midfielders: The center Cm must be extremely good in strength, tackling, work rate. the left & right one must be all rounded cms

Wing Forward: Wingers, yes, but instead of hugging touchline in this tactic they are set to move into channels. So they need to be some kind of Wingers/strikers, that have no problems in scoring and making the right movements.

Central Forward: Complete, strong, finalizer.

Guest Walter

KRUL

COLO  YANGA-MBIWA

DEBUCHY                        SANTON

TIOTE

SISSOKO CABAYEANITA

BEN ARFA    MARVEAUXGOUFFRAN

BACISSEREMY

Tactics

It is said that Zeman's tactics were inspired by his time playing, not football, but handball as a student.

Based on Dutch Total Voetball, Zdeněk Zeman his 4-3-3 system as "geometry", and also for a football philosophy clearly based on the attacking side, the offside, and zone marking. His teams are well known for their ability to score goals, but also for the corresponding tendency to concede them.

His coaching techniques, especially in regards to training (a field for which he has a particular interest), are also proverbial for their effort and diligence. High defense line, offside trap, high pressing, zonal marking. But even short first touch passes. Wingers are set to move inside the channels. The whole of these things makes this tactic solid, spectacular and extremely versatile: it is good against top teams as well as low one

Having the right players for this tactic is important, although no particular characteristics are needed:

Wing Back: they must be wing backs Not Full Backs. And this is the most important zone of the field where you want to spend money to get good players. they make a difference

Center Back: Heading, marking, tackling, jumping, pace positioning and acceleration...

Central Midfielders: The center Cm must be extremely good in strength, tackling, work rate. the left & right one must be all rounded cms

Wing Forward: Wingers, yes, but instead of hugging touchline in this tactic they are set to move into channels. So they need to be some kind of Wingers/strikers, that have no problems in scoring and making the right movements.

Imagine going from Pardew to that :lol:

Tactics

Imagine going from Pardew to that :lol:

Fans would probly complain that he's too attacking and we don't keep it tight at the back anymore

I agree, but i fear that after a spectacular half of a season when we accrued no points albeit gloriously the 'TOLD YOU' brigade would parp up and a Pardew-a-like clone will be installed again to 'add a few tackles to the pitch'

A manager who could give us any modicum of flowing attacking footy would be a HUGE improvement. In reality we'll be looking at Sherwood (would be an upgrade, also annoying mind), or Steve Clarke or something

Zeman has helped bring through some decent players too has he not ? I know he coached Veratti at Pescara, and i've read he has been credited with Lamela and Marquinhos, though i'm not so sure how much he has aided their development.

I think if we are going to have any sort of success, someone who can coach and develop players, will be a key quality. It's one of the factors that turn me on to the likes of Bielsa and Zeman, however realistic or unrealistic those candidates may be.

Guest Walter

Zeman has helped bring through some decent players too has he not ? I know he coached Veratti at Pescara, and i've read he has been credited with Lamela and Marquinhos, though i'm not so sure how much he has aided their development.

I think if we are going to have any sort of success, someone who can coach and develop players, will be a key quality. It's one of the factors that turn me on to the likes of Bielsa and Zeman, however realistic or unrealistic those candidates may be.

Vucinic

http://www.sportevai.it/calciomercato/calciomercato-juventus-vucinic-zeman-eccezionale-sono-esploso-grazie-a-lui/

Vucinic is impossible to say anything untoward on the Bohemian master, who has pulled up to Lecce and has imposed to Italian football. In an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport, the Montenegrin striker speaks of all the sirens from abroad who have tried before he went to Juve, Roma and the period of the things you must do to keep his Juve at the top.

It starts from Zeman: "Technical exceptionally, great charisma, unique in valuing the players available. Italian football has known me through him. Good times in Lecce, the most beautiful of my life. A Lecce back to live once stopped playing. Zeman is a boon boon for the attackers. In terms of physical condition improves very much his players. At the end of each workout we were always all dead, but then in the field ... The thing that amused me most was his expression. Always the same. Anything might happen, the worst thing that ... more beautiful." 

No regrets, however, to Juventus Vucinic is king: " Juve has given me so much. First, I did win a championship, I could not stand to stay in the hands vuote. Torino is a city much quieter for a player, and this matters. "