Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Well Ashley's number once choice is a bit far fetched seeing as he has apparently washed his hands of it and let charnley and Carr decide.

Also if this was the case I'd imagine that would have been known before they put Carver in two game temporary charge. While they could be using this time to consider all options they must be looking for an appointment straight away or why not just say Carver is caretaker, not caretaker for the next two games.

Putting that aside for a second if it was true it would be a disaster, unless de boer signed upfront. Still I honestly think we could go down with Carver in charge. He is useless. Idea also smacks of starve it off until the summer with no intention of getting De Boer or De Boer getting numerous better offers.Would bloodly love De Boer though.

We need someone now. It's the perfect time to really assess the club and its players and try a few things. As someone already said, I would be happy to wait until the summer for de boer, providing he signs now and on the condition we get an interim until seasons end that isn't Carver.

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter. 

Unless De Boer agrees a deal that sees him leave Ajax for us at the end of the season.  Carver in temporary charge would be horrible.  It'll be horrible anyway, as I think there is a genuine chance we'll go down with him in charge and the football will be Pardew'esque or worse.  But at least they'll be something to look forward to and some light at the end of the tunnel. 

If there is no pre-contract signed.  I can really see us appointing another no mark.  Or even worse, giving it to Carver full time.  After he successfully steers us to a 14th place finish.

Seeing as I doubt we'll get anyone of De Boer's calibre here.  I'd rather we got Garde now.  Most realistic option I think.  No compo to be paid.  No contract problem like Tuchel.  No problem with him leaving his current club before the end of the season like Galtier and De Boer.  Don't know much about him, but doesn't seem like a useless shithouse like most the Brit managers we're linked with. 

At first, the lack of rumours was quite a good thing I thought, that no fucker knew what was going on. Now, I'm starting to get a bit worried. Those Frenchies, for example, seems to love leaking stuff, so it's a bit worrying that we haven't heard anything concrete from France linking us with Garde or Galtier.

Right now, I'd take that Exeter bloke over Carver tbh.

Guest Roger Kint

At first, the lack of rumours was quite a good thing I thought, that no fucker knew what was going on. Now, I'm starting to get a bit worried. Those Frenchies, for example, seems to love leaking stuff, so it's a bit worrying that we haven't heard anything concrete from France linking us with Garde or Galtier.

Right now, I'd take that Exeter bloke over Carver tbh.

I am hoping the lack of anything concrete is us basically writing off this week and using the time to think over a decision properly(yeah right). They know we will get fucked up on Saturday so no real hurry. That said it could well be their vain hopes of keeping Carver in rest on the major fluke of a good result :lol:

Right now theres about 80 active managers in England i would take above Carver, got zero faith in him keeping us out of serious troule.

The delay is good news IMO, we could easily have appointed Carver or another stiff already.

Time wasted. They had ample time to figure this while Pardew's contract wrangles were ongoing.

New Man could be working with the team, organising training how he wants it, assessing players, etc.

Our reasons for delay are simply total tight fisted.

Guest Roger Kint

The delay is good news IMO, we could easily have appointed Carver or another stiff already.

What I'm afraid of is that we're just waiting for Carver to win his first game before announcing it.

I look forward to that grim news on August 12th

Exeter's manager :lol:

Arthur Cox was manager of Chesterfield before he became our manager and Kevin Keegan had spent 8 years on the golf course on the Costa Del Sol and had no managerial experience whatsoever when he became our manager.

KK even admitted that he'd been out of the game for so long he had to spend time learning about the game again and finding out who he knew who was still in the game and could trust.

Everyone has to start somewhere and not every top manager starts at the top either.

Exeter's manager :lol:

Arthur Cox was manager of Chesterfield before he became our manager and Kevin Keegan had spent 8 years on the golf course on the Costa Del Sol and had no managerial experience whatsoever when he became our manager.

KK even admitted that he'd been out of the game for so long he had to spend time learning about the game again and finding out who he knew who was still in the game and could trust.

Everyone has to start somewhere and not every top manager starts at the top either.

:thup: Pardew went from League One to Fifth too.