Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Can't see us going to McLaren after he's twice turned us down.  Saying that if Lee Charnley is in charge of recruiting anything is possible.

the McLaren link is through carr aye, they're big mates etc.

as charnley obviously knows fucking nothing then unless Ashley intervenes then we're going with what carr wants

Thought Carr and Remi Garde were mates…??

When Pardew left I would have taken McClaren as I thought it was the best we could hope for.

BUT we need a big name to lift this club - someone the fans can get excited by and McClaren doesn't fit that bill.

Imagine the buzz in town if Klopp came - in days gone past he would have been the calibre of Manager we'd have gone for. :sad:

If we got the best manager in the world (whoever that is), would that change anything though?

Eh, yes, of course it would.

How? Would they be OK with challenging for Europe all of a sudden? :)

We finished 5th with Alan fucking Pardew in charge.

we're not getting a fucking Klopp like, best hope we've probably got is for someone like the assistant at Real who has worked under a structure where the players are bought for the manager and has experience of different nationalities and so on

hard to understand why we've not moved for him so far, unless of course we have and he's only interested in actually being a football manager and not a pr-stooge for ashley

If we got the best manager in the world (whoever that is), would that change anything though?

We finished 5th with Alan fucking Pardew in charge.

I know that. I'm not saying it wouldn't be possible, but the board don't want us to challenge for cups or be in Europe (because that would mean we would get relegated  :lol:). Why would that change?

If getting a really good manager just meant we'd finish 10th instead of 15th it wouldn't really matter.

We finished 5th with Alan f***ing Pardew in charge.

I know that. I'm not saying it wouldn't be possible, but the board don't want us to challenge for cups or be in Europe (because that would mean we would get relegated  :lol:). Why would that change?

If getting a really good manager just meant we'd finish 10th instead of 15th it wouldn't really matter.

The board's ambition is one thing, but you asked if a great manager would make a difference, and the answer is yes, of course. Will they appoint a great manager? Of course not.

Your last statement suggests that you actually do think a good manager would make a difference so I don't really understand what you're getting at. Last season we finished 10th. Using your own calculations, with a really good manager we could have been competing for a place in Europe.

I'd happily take Rodgers, even though as a man he is someone I can't really stand. I can see that despite his flaws that he has a vision and he cares and that's all I really want. At this stage, just a man who knows how he wants the team to play will do me. Non of this Souness/Redknapp style "11 good players" nonsense, someone with a philosophy. I'd rather it be someone attacking and forward thinking but I'd take organised and ruthless if it came to it so long as I could see those strengths being played to on the pitch. At the moment we have no strengths, no identity and no ideas.

I'd happily take Rodgers, even though as a man he is someone I can't really stand. I can see that despite his flaws that he has a vision and he cares and that's all I really want. At this stage, just a man who knows how he wants the team to play will do me. Non of this Souness/Redknapp style "11 good players" nonsense, someone with a philosophy. I'd rather it be someone attacking and forward thinking but I'd take organised and ruthless if it came to it so long as I could see those strengths being played to on the pitch. At the moment we have no strengths, no identity and no ideas.

Roger's signings have been pretty average, Liverpool have spent a boat load of money to get spanked off the likes of Stoke.

We will want value for money from signings, he has spent over 215m and they are no closer to the league than they were. His style of play would infuriate me at times as well.

I spoke to a few people at Swansea about a year ago regarding Laudrup. No one had good word to say about him. Had decent ideas about the game but was very slack, hardly at training and most felt the senior players held things together. Might just be some didnt like him but they said he was total w***** basically.

Basically another pardew without the good football.

Jürgen Klopp is only an unrealistic option because Mike Ashley makes it that way. Ashley could easily afford to offer Klopp a salary and a significant transfer budget which could make NUFC attractive to him. Imagine the buzz in the media if NUFC appointed Jürgen Klopp. All that positive publicity (with SD adverts in the background of all the coverage to please Mike Ashley). It would be a statement of intent and would get the fans back on side. As for Klopp, the job doesn't come with massive expectations like Man City or Liverpool would. It wouldn't take much to improve us. Go to Man City and he would be expected to win the league straight away. Obviously I wouldn't blame Klopp for not being interested but I'd like NUFC to at least ask him.

I think Alex Neil at Norwich is going to be the latest to join the fine tradition of top Jock managers. He has been a success there and worked wonders at little Hamilton in Scotland by coaching their youngsters on a shoestring to the top of the SPL for a time.

He wouldn't even come onto the radar of the clowns in charge of us of course, more likely to end up somewhere like Swansea who have football intelligence at boardroom level with a conveyor belt of good appointments.

I think Alex Neil at Norwich is going to be the latest to join the fine tradition of top Jock managers. He has been a success there and worked wonders at little Hamilton in Scotland by coaching their youngsters on a shoestring to the top of the SPL for a time.

He wouldn't even come onto the radar of the clowns in charge of us of course, more likely to end up somewhere like Swansea who have football intelligence at boardroom level with a conveyor belt of good appointments.

He's done well so far, but I'd like to see what he does in the PL. I once thought Owen Coyle was gonna be massive...!