Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Guest chopey

Charnley is such an amature he's been looking for a manager since early January and he's still no further forward

Voted Howe and Laudrup.

Laudrup, i think he is ambitious enough to try it here, and have a go. Should also attract good players with his name alone.

Howe, Up and coming. Seems to have done very well with little.

Laudrup would bring good football, but there's definitely something not quite right with the way things ended at Swansea.  He'd probably never take the job here because he'd have requirements we'd never agree to meet. I'd take him in a heartbeat if it meant Carver was gone though. People can pick at what might be wrong with Laudrup, but we've just had Carver, so I could put up with him quite easily I think.  That doesn't mean I think we should appoint him, but there's a lot of worse appointments we could make.

He played some decent, on-the-deck possession football with Swansea but his managerial record is rather uninspiring and I feel like he's an even bigger c*** than Pardew was.

He was a success in Spain. It's the fact he falls out with everybody after a year or so what worries me.

Bielsa's teams always implode after one year or even less. Which is a pity, I utterly adore him.

The only thing about him that would interest Ashley & Charnley is that he never wins anything...

Keane rumour yesterday, Vieira today? :lol: Tomorrow it'll be Alf Inge Haaland.

Vieira? That's a new one.

Finishes his badges this summer and is out of contract.  Was talk of him getting the City job but if that's not happening he'd be looking elsewhere.  Probably just a case of 'Out of work manager + club without manager = 27'

edit:

Ryder is such a mong

As news broke this week of Newcastle taking their time with their decision on the head coach the gut reaction of many was: “But you’ve had six months!”

However - rightly or wrongly - that’s not really the case because Newcastle managing director Charnley postponed the search for a head coach the moment he asked Carver to take the job on until May 24.

It's alright lads, they haven't had six months because Penfold hasn't been looking / stopped time.

Keane rumour yesterday, Vieira today? :lol: Tomorrow it'll be Alf Inge Haaland.

Vieira? That's a new one.

Finishes his badges this summer and is out of contract.  Was talk of him getting the City job but if that's not happening he'd be looking elsewhere.  Probably just a case of 'Out of work manager + club without manager = 27'

edit:

Ryder is such a mong

As news broke this week of Newcastle taking their time with their decision on the head coach the gut reaction of many was: “But you’ve had six months!”

However - rightly or wrongly - that’s not really the case because Newcastle managing director Charnley postponed the search for a head coach the moment he asked Carver to take the job on until May 24.

It's alright lads, they haven't had six months because Penfold hasn't been looking / stopped time.

As news broke of me taking an age fixing the dodgy shelf, the missus' reaction was: "But you've had six months!"

However that's not really the case as I postponed it once the football season had started.

I thought it was nailed on billic was going to West Ham?

How can someone who got sacked from the championship be odds on favourite, that is probably Ashley's idea of progression as Pardew was sacked from league 2!

Id take viera,laudrup or garde! If it's carver I don't see how anyone can turn up next season

Guest Roger Kint

If Charnley postponed it for the whole time why were the Chronic running stories linking a fair few managers that we were interested in? Ah yeah that PR tie in they claim doesnt exist to keep fans happy........

I would rather we hired someone with some experience in management in a top European league. When you hire somebody who hasn't you are taking nothing more than a punt imo. Viera was a class player but fuck knows if he would be any good after only managing at under 21 level.