Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

I don't know but my gut feeling is that we'd flop with Moyes. I don't think he would command the respect that is needed. At least not from our players. He just doesn't seem to have the charisma/personality which i think is needed.

Totally agree. Though can see the argument in terms of solidity/organisation.

He's not going to have the charisma required in the long term though.

Yeah I can see that.  That's why I'd definitely prefer a Keegan/Klopp etc kind of character - someone with a bit gravitas who the players actually respect.

Me too but name one......

The problem with those personalities though is that they don't take commands off arseholes like Ashley.

I'm not sure Rodgers would be the answer at the moment. With the way morale is I could see it being like watching us up to the Stoke game at x2 pace. In my opinion we need an old head on a short term basis to improve the mood and then start again in the summer. Rodgers might be ideal then.

I don't know but my gut feeling is that we'd flop with Moyes. I don't think he would command the respect that is needed. At least not from our players. He just doesn't seem to have the charisma/personality which i think is needed.

Totally agree. Though can see the argument in terms of solidity/organisation.

He's not going to have the charisma required in the long term though.

Yeah I can see that.  That's why I'd definitely prefer a Keegan/Klopp etc kind of character - someone with a bit gravitas who the players actually respect.

Me too but name one......

The problem with those personalities though is that they don't take commands off arseholes like Ashley.

Bielsa definitely.  Don't know enough about him - but I assume Jemez would fall into that camp potentially.

Charisma doesn't organise a defence. Moyes does.

while I agree I'm not sure how much even organisation can cover for the fact colo is well past his peak, mbemba is adapting to a new league janmaat can't defend and we have no senior left back worth mentioning

while I agree I'm not sure how much even organisation can cover for the fact colo is well past his peak, mbemba is adapting to a new league janmaat can't defend and we have no senior left back worth mentioning

Well, the point in change soon would be to allow the new manager to have input on who comes in in January too and Moyes would know what is needed. One thing he's always been able to put out is a team that can physically compete.

Well, the point in change soon would be to allow the new manager to have input on who comes in in January too and Moyes would know what is needed. One thing he's always been able to put out is a team that can physically compete.

It's quite funny though. Do you really need to hire an old fashioned manager to do that? Just buy a couple of decent big centre backs and centre midfielders who aren't slow paced midgets. Suddenly the likes of Allardyce are being reinvented as wise old heads simply because they know how to not get relegated.

Bit of a myth Moyes not ever having money to spend at Everton. Plus Ashley makes Kenwright look like Abramovich.

Quick Google says an average net spend of £803,000 per season while Moyes was there, and wasn't there a period of about 2 years where they didn't buy a single player?

Bit of a myth Moyes not ever having money to spend at Everton. Plus Ashley makes Kenwright look like Abramovich.

He spent next to nowt overall like, don't think it's a myth unless my memory's failing me.  They went 2-3 years without spending any money on a permanent transfer at one point.  There was the odd splurge on the likes of Fellaini but that was generally offset with huge fees for the likes of Rooney, Lescott, etc every year or 2.

The best estimate I could find was a net spend of £5.6m over 11 years, which is absolutely nowt compared to the sides he was consistently finishing around.

Obviously Kenwright cares about the club a lot more but in terms of money spent I wouldn't imagine Kenwright is any better than Ashley in that side overall

He spent next to nowt overall like, don't think it's a myth unless my memory's failing me.  They went 2-3 years without spending any money on a permanent transfer at one point.  There was the odd splurge on the likes of Fellaini but that was generally offset with huge fees for the likes of Rooney, Lescott, etc every year or 2.

The best estimate I could find was a net spend of £5.6m over 11 years, which is absolutely nowt compared to the sides he was consistently finishing around.

That's amazing like given they were a good side for most of that time