Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

I honestly haven't a clue who we would go for if we sacked McClaren. Looking at the odds for our next boss I only really fancy Laudrup (not a chance he'd work with Ashley), Galtier, De Boer, Dyche or Warburton and I don't think there's any chance they would jump ship midway through a season when they're all doing so well at their clubs. 

McClaren won't get sacked until the back end of the season anyway if it was to happen so pointless even discussing it at the moment  :(

How grim.

Yeah, but it is also mental to give him more money to spend in januar, when you see what he brought in during the summer. I mean, when the fat man finally decides to let the club spend money on players, he does so with very medicore manager in charge. McClaren has done nothing to suggest he waas able to cut it in the Prem.

And yeah, I'd imagine he has a great lot of influence on transfers since he is on the board as well.

Wouldn't surprise me if it is "Hello Tim Sherwood!" if we get "Bye bye Brolly Boy..." :rolleyes:

Wouldn't surprise me either. I can't stand the cunt but he's certainly got the bollocks for it.

You certainly couldn't bring in the likes of Warburton/Dyche etc. They'd be lambs to the slaughter and so would many of the foreign coaches suggested.

Even Moyes would have a massive question mark hanging over him. Would he be able to get a reaction out of the feckless wonders any more than SMc could? I'm not so sure.

History tells us they'd be better organised but if the players dont give a shit, what difference does it make?

I don't think it can make any difference while Charnley is still running things. He needs to go first, then if we ever employed a qualified MD with genuine footballing pedigree then he should be making this decision. While Humpty Dumpty's still doing the job it's a waste of time.

Seedorf

Again, not a bad shout. I'd be concerned about the sustainability of that appointment but, in terms of a reaction, I'd back him over a run of the mill Brit that's for sure.

They've simply got to think outside of the box on the next appointment.

I don't think you could say no to Moyes, but personally I'd rather a 'personality' type manager, someone who can lead by strength of his character.  Someone like Bielsa or Jemez for me.  Would never happen though.

Suppose you could also consider Favre?  Not sure what he is up to now.

I don't think you could say no to Moyes, but personally I'd rather a 'personality' type manager, someone who can lead by strength of his character.  Someone like Bielsa or Jemez for me.  Would never happen though.

Why, out of interest? Not having a go.

Just think that because of his experience with Everton, he would be able to bring some solidity to a very unsolid team.  It wouldn't be pretty but he gets a team organised and compact.

Just think that because of his experience with Everton, he would be able to bring some solidity to a very unsolid team.  It wouldn't be pretty but he gets a team organised and compact.

:thup: Not sure it's as simple as that with our feckless wonders but I hear you.

Moyes might be able to give us a bit of steel and organisation something we are sorely lacking.

I wouldn't say no, certainly an upgrade on the dross we've had of late.

Is Moyes really that much of an improvement on SMc?

Don't see it myself.

I don't know but my gut feeling is that we'd flop with Moyes. I don't think he would command the respect that is needed. At least not from our players. He just doesn't seem to have the charisma/personality which i think is needed.

I don't know but my gut feeling is that we'd flop with Moyes. I don't think he would command the respect that is needed. At least not from our players. He just doesn't seem to have the charisma/personality which i think is needed.

Totally agree. Though can see the argument in terms of solidity/organisation.

He's not going to have the charisma required in the long term though.

Moyes might be able to give us a bit of steel and organisation something we are sorely lacking.

I wouldn't say no, certainly an upgrade on the dross we've had of late.

Is Moyes really that much of an improvement on SMc?

Don't see it myself.

Proven premier league experience who is proven to do well with a limited budget.

Big difference Imo

Totally agree. Though can see the argument in terms of solidity/organisation.

He's not going to have the charisma required in the long term though.

Yeah I can see that.  That's why I'd definitely prefer a Keegan/Klopp etc kind of character - someone with a bit gravitas who the players actually respect.