Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Charisma doesn't organise a defence. Moyes does.

while I agree I'm not sure how much even organisation can cover for the fact colo is well past his peak, mbemba is adapting to a new league janmaat can't defend and we have no senior left back worth mentioning

Well, the point in change soon would be to allow the new manager to have input on who comes in in January too and Moyes would know what is needed. One thing he's always been able to put out is a team that can physically compete.

It's quite funny though. Do you really need to hire an old fashioned manager to do that? Just buy a couple of decent big centre backs and centre midfielders who aren't slow paced midgets. Suddenly the likes of Allardyce are being reinvented as wise old heads simply because they know how to not get relegated.

No, I agree, and Moyes wouldn't be my preference but I think he's likely to be who we go for that's all.

Whether he'd entertain Ashley is another question obvs.

It'll all be too late anyhow, we're done, it'd take ludicrous form in the second half of the season to rescue this shitshow.

while I agree I'm not sure how much even organisation can cover for the fact colo is well past his peak, mbemba is adapting to a new league janmaat can't defend and we have no senior left back worth mentioning

Well, the point in change soon would be to allow the new manager to have input on who comes in in January too and Moyes would know what is needed. One thing he's always been able to put out is a team that can physically compete.

It's quite funny though. Do you really need to hire an old fashioned manager to do that? Just buy a couple of decent big centre backs and centre midfielders who aren't slow paced midgets. Suddenly the likes of Allardyce are being reinvented as wise old heads simply because they know how to not get relegated.

No, I agree, and Moyes wouldn't be my preference but I think he's likely to be who we go for that's all.

It'll all be too late anyhow, we're done, it'd take ludicrous form in the second half of the season to rescue this shitshow.

It really wouldn't, we're 5 points off 14th amongst other teams that aren't picking up many points.

It really wouldn't, we're 5 points off 14th amongst other teams that aren't picking up many points.

Well, I'm factoring into that that we probably only win one more game before half the season is up, which might be optimistic in itself.

Granted it looks like it might be a record year low points for staying up, big time, but the longer they linger with McClaren the harder the task is going to be. You have to factor that in too, I don't think they'll try and change until the end of February.

Bit of a myth Moyes not ever having money to spend at Everton. Plus Ashley makes Kenwright look like Abramovich.

He spent next to nowt overall like, don't think it's a myth unless my memory's failing me.  They went 2-3 years without spending any money on a permanent transfer at one point.  There was the odd splurge on the likes of Fellaini but that was generally offset with huge fees for the likes of Rooney, Lescott, etc every year or 2.

The best estimate I could find was a net spend of £5.6m over 11 years, which is absolutely nowt compared to the sides he was consistently finishing around.

That's my point though, obviously they didn't spend much overall but they did trust him to buy big every now and then. Before this summer we didn't even come close to doing that.

Bit of a myth Moyes not ever having money to spend at Everton. Plus Ashley makes Kenwright look like Abramovich.

He spent next to nowt overall like, don't think it's a myth unless my memory's failing me.  They went 2-3 years without spending any money on a permanent transfer at one point.  There was the odd splurge on the likes of Fellaini but that was generally offset with huge fees for the likes of Rooney, Lescott, etc every year or 2.

The best estimate I could find was a net spend of £5.6m over 11 years, which is absolutely nowt compared to the sides he was consistently finishing around.

That's my point though, obviously they didn't spend much overall but they did trust him to buy big every now and then. Before this summer we didn't even come close to doing that.

In terms of the fee that was almost a one-off on deadline day when they had incoming transfer money burning a hole in their pocket IIRC.  They obviously ended up doubling their money on him as well, when he left.

Before Moyes came along Everton had escaped relegation on the last day for about 3 the previous 5 seasons. He rebuilt the club, established a very successful scouting system and made them regular top 6 contenders.

He is the only available and realistic target who has a track record that suggests he he could turn us around this season and go on to build something decent under Ashley.

Tbf Net spend can be misleading, considering he'll have sold players for a considerable whack as well. Not to mention the money he spent on Fellaini and such like would have never been sanctioned and such like. If i still actually gave a shit i'd bite your hand off for Moyes though.

Tbf Net spend can be misleading, considering he'll have sold players for a considerable whack as well. Not to mention the money he spent on Fellaini and such like would have never been sanctioned and such like. If i still actually gave a shit i'd bite your hand off for Moyes though.

Well tbf when you're selling players for a lot of money due to their good performances while you're coaching them at least some of it should come back to you to be able to spend

Tbf Net spend can be misleading, considering he'll have sold players for a considerable whack as well. Not to mention the money he spent on Fellaini and such like would have never been sanctioned and such like. If i still actually gave a s*** i'd bite your hand off for Moyes though.

Well tbf when you're selling players for a lot of money due to their good performances while you're coaching them at least some of it should come back to you to be able to spend

Don't disagree, but we both know under Ashley that isn't the case :lol: He might not have had much, but at least he was allowed for the most part to reinvest when he did sell a player.

Anyway I'm by no means saying I wouldn't want Moyes. He's a good manager IMO. Just saying that even Everton allowed him more freedom with transfer funds than we do, unless this summer is going to be repeated going forward which I highly doubt.

That said, I still doubt he's the kind of name or character that this lot would need to inspire them at this stage.

Tbf Net spend can be misleading, considering he'll have sold players for a considerable whack as well. Not to mention the money he spent on Fellaini and such like would have never been sanctioned and such like. If i still actually gave a s*** i'd bite your hand off for Moyes though.

Don't disagree, but we both know under Ashley that isn't the case :lol: He might not have had much, but at least he was allowed for the most part to reinvest when he did sell a player.

Aye fair enough :thup:

I think the mackems have done it right btw, bringing in that slug to stop the rot, they can then look to make a more progressive appointment once they're stabilised. Could be time for us to do the same. Can't see a Rodgers type fixing this lot, we need a pulis type imo.

I think I'm past caring to be honest, the situation's completely toxic.  Cracks were papered over for many years due to the manager's main interest in keeping his newly salvaged personal reputation intact.  It's actually getting really boring now, veering from one awful losing streak to the next with no end in sight.