Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Guest Brendan_Rice

McClaren is just a smokescreen. Ashley wants to f*** him over for being turned down.

Or he could be appointed director of football.

But lets get real, this is never going to happen.

If only.

I really don't understand why we don't even contact the bloke, just ask the question - would you fancy it? If he says no, what have we lost?

The only stumbling block I could see is his wage demands would probably be triple of McClaren's.

Plus the fact that we try to operate in the opposite direction usually.

Guest Roger Kint

Unlike everybody else, he actually wants somebody else to handle transfers too. This is too good to be true.

Yet half of twitter still insist no manager on earth would take a job without having control of them? Thank God we wont take such a silly gamble on him and stick to our proven success with English rejects :thup:

Guest chopey

He is defiantly talking about coming to Newcastle I bet they announce him tomorrow after he signs his £100,000 a year contract, and Keegan is his sporting director

• 5 months later...

Jocelyn Gourvennec, Roger Schmidt or Edgardo Bauza.

At half-time of the Libertadores final we weren't playing well. I said to the manager: 'Paton, what's going on with us? I can't give a 5-metre pass!'. He was waiting to shout. "What the f*** is going on with you? Are you afraid of winning? You must not forget all the sacrifice you made to be here. So play!'

Bauza :aww:

What a load of nonsense

Newcastle United have held talks with former AC Milan player and coach Clarence Seedorf, 39, about potentially replacing Steve McClaren as manager.(Calciomercato, via Metro)

What a load of nonsense

Newcastle United have held talks with former AC Milan player and coach Clarence Seedorf, 39, about potentially replacing Steve McClaren as manager.(Calciomercato, via Metro)

Aye. Saw that earlier. Couldn't stop smiling.