Relegation; Predict your Bottom 3

Minhosa
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't see Sunderland not managing to pick up 5/6 points in 9 more games.

Why not? They are bottom of the form table with an absolute stinker of a run-in.

Norwich is such a huge game (as been stated so many times) it's going to be a poor game, full on tension and nerves. If I were them that game would be taking up my every thought until it was played, if I were in the stands I'd probably be watching too much to support, it really is their last chance of 3pts for 4 games, leaving a relegation escape to the very last minute. Anything can and will happen in football, something like them going 1-0 down and their keeper being sent off would just about see them down, the knock on effects would be huge. Just as the same happening at the other end, the margins are very fine. They certainly aren't safe, don't win at the weekend and they are right in it. However, I think they will, MoNg is lucky when he needs to be.

They've also been fairly lucky with their injuries as well. Sess, Johnson, fletcher and Ming are their 4 best players and they've hardly missed any time between them.

Wish we had Krul, Cabaye, colo & hba as much.

Why not? They are bottom of the form table with an absolute stinker of a run-in.

I see at least 39/40 points being needed this season to ensure 17th. However a lot of people seem to think 35/36 will do.

I suppose the number of "dog eat dog" fixtures at the bottom will have a bearing ??

Predicting a safe number is tough this year, a few weeks back you could have easily said 34 or 35 would be fine, it might still be but the form of the teams at the bottom of the table has been pretty good in general and lifted the points total required to I would say high 30's. We haven't really got to the point in the season where the mid table teams stop playing, because there is nothing for them to play for, so that could also push the points required up.

Reading IMO are the only team I would put considerable money on going down right now.

Norwich is such a huge game (as been stated so many times) it's going to be a poor game, full on tension and nerves. If I were them that game would be taking up my every thought until it was played, if I were in the stands I'd probably be watching too much to support, it really is their last chance of 3pts for 4 games, leaving a relegation escape to the very last minute. Anything can and will happen in football, something like them going 1-0 down and their keeper being sent off would just about see them down, the knock on effects would be huge. Just as the same happening at the other end, the margins are very fine. They certainly aren't safe, don't win at the weekend and they are right in it. However, I think they will, MoNg is lucky when he needs to be.

Unfortunately I can't see Norwich beating the Mackems at their place :(

We were down the bottom of the form table a few weeks ago. All they need is a great manager capable of turning things around.

We've been getting key players back plus what initially appear to be cracking additions, they're playing with their full deck with no big injuries to speak of, sadly I still think they already have enough cushion to scrape through though.

Unfortunately I can't see Norwich beating the Mackems at their place :(

Neither can I if am honest.

Two bets this weekend, Nufc to win mackems to lose (9/1) & mackems to win and us to lose (4/1)

Draw is a good result for us, poor for them, regardless of the others result.

To get relegated, they need to remain bottom of the form table for another 9 games.

All they need is a mini-revival and they're safe. They'll do it.

Norwich (H)

Everton (H)

Villa (A)

Stoke (H)

Southampton (H)

IMO they should pick up 6-7 points from all of those and might nick a draw elsewhere.

O'Neill's a poor manager today but he'll do enough to get a couple results out.

To get relegated, they need to remain bottom of the form table for another 9 games.

Norwich (H)

Everton (H)

Villa (A)

Stoke (H)

Southampton (H)

IMO they should pick up 6-7 points from all of those and might nick a draw elsewhere.

The word "should" is a word you should never use in the premiership for North East clubs.  :lol:

If they lose to Norwich at home the shit will hit the fan, we've already heard O'fail getting his excuses in saying he has nothing on the bench.  His main plan is to play for a 0-0, once that goes out the window he is stuck.

Norwich (H)

Everton (H)

Villa (A)

Stoke (H)

Southampton (H)

The word "should" is a word you should never use in the premiership for North East clubs.  :lol:

If they lose to Norwich at home the s*** will hit the fan, we've already heard O'fail getting his excuses in saying he has nothing on the bench.  His main plan is to play for a 0-0, once that goes out the window he is stuck.

Don't underestimate the massive negative effect the home fans have when things go wrong!...players can't get rid of the ball fast enough.

If they lose to Norwich and the gap between them and the bottom 3 closes then I will dare to dream, but as the guys above have pointed out they still have plenty of chances to pick up the points they need with their run in.

Really looking forward to Villa vs QPR.

Hope Benteke batters them.

If Villa win that match, it opens up a mini gap at the bottom.  Going to be an intersting match.  I think Sunderland Norwich is a big match, both teams can pretty much make themselves safe.

If Villa win that match, it opens up a mini gap at the bottom.  Going to be an intersting match.  I think Sunderland Norwich is a big match, both teams can pretty much make themselves safe.

Neither will get relegated. Norwich will pick up enough draws and the odd win to finish lower midtable.

Neither will get relegated. Norwich will pick up enough draws and the odd win to finish lower midtable.

I would probs agree, i think Norwich are a couple of points from safety.  However, if Sunderland lose, i think panic stations will kick in.

Damn  :lol: