Krul                             

Yanga-Mbiwa        Coloccini               

Debuchy                              Santon

Anita

Sissoko                             

Cabaye         

Ben Arfa                              Marveaux     

Cisse

Bench: S. Taylor, Tiote, Gouffran, Haidara, Elliot, Obertan, Bigirimana, Perch, R. Taylor

:thup:

Krul                             

Anita

Sissoko                             

Cabaye         

Cisse

Bench: S. Taylor, Tiote, Gouffran, Haidara, Elliot, Obertan, Bigirimana, Perch, R. Taylor

Not sure there are enough goals there.

Krul                             

Anita

Sissoko                             

Cabaye         

Cisse

???

The encouraging thing for me is that, at the moment, we don't have a 'best team'. Competition for places has been lacking but is needed in any successful team. We've finally got it. Fingers crossed Pardew doesn't take us down, and we can press on next year.

Imagine the firesale if we went down now.

There's a place for Marveaux in a lot of home games, he's a great little player.

Aye. Marv > Gouffran for me at the minute like. That's nothing against Gouffran either.

Don't agree with the comparison, Marveaux's a central player for me.

Don't disagree but he may have to play a wide role (with the license to roam) to find a place in the starting XI.

Krul                             

Anita

Sissoko                             

Cabaye         

Cisse

???

It's pretty clear :lol: Only one player in the team consistently capable of getting double figures there. I don't think Marveaux is a wide man either.

Krul

Debuchy    Mbiwa    Colo    Santon

Cabaye  Anita  Sissoko

HBA    Marv

Cisse

CHRISTMAS TREE TIME

Krul                             

Anita

Sissoko                             

Cabaye         

Cisse

???

It's pretty clear :lol: Only one player in the team consistently capable of getting double figures there. I don't think Marveaux is a wide man either.

Not really. Considering our options, that's not gonna change no matter who you put there. Switch Marveaux for Gouffran and it doesn't change a whole heck of a lot.

Unless you'd rather have Shola...

Guest firetotheworks

Krul

Debuchy  MYM  Coloccini Santon

Sissoko

Cabaye        Marveaux

Ben Arfa                        Gouffran

Cisse

Educated guesses mind. Anita and Tiote are obviously options. The rest picks itself imo.

Krul                             

Anita

Sissoko                             

Cabaye         

Cisse

???

Not really. Considering our options, that's not gonna change no matter who you put there. Switch Marveaux for Gouffran and it doesn't change a whole heck of a lot.

Unless you'd rather have Shola...

One's a goal scorer, one's a creator, we need the former for balance. There's already plenty of creativity but not enough potency.

Oh, alright, at the risk of getting carried away and making myself look a right berk:

Krul

Debuchy  Mbiwa  Colo  Santon

Tiote      Sissoko

Anita*      Cabaye      HBA

Cisse

I still believe :tiote:

* - possibly Guffrie?

I'm totally baffled as to why people keep putting Marveaux up there, like. He's been very effective throught the middle driving us forward from midfield, generally looks lost out wide, and isn't know for getting goals.

Plus, when you look at the rest of the side it's absolutely beyond essential there's someone there to take the goal burden off Cisse. Our best bet for that by a mile is Gouffran.

Tbf, we've kinda set ourselves up for that. Our wingers aren't really tasked with being goalscorers, save HBA and Marv's dashing runs into the box from 30 yards. Cisse is the tip of the spear, essentially, when he should be the tip of the trident. I'm not sure Gouffran, agreeing with you that he's a goalscorer unlike Marv, would be counted on to get goals when he's played out wide the way Cisse is.

Krul

Sissoko

Cabaye        Marveaux

Cisse

Educated guesses mind. Anita and Tiote are obviously options. The rest picks itself imo.

This is the team right here, the Colo issue notwithstanding.

I'm totally baffled as to why people keep putting Marveaux up there, like. He's been very effective throught the middle driving us forward from midfield, generally looks lost out wide, and isn't know for getting goals.

Plus, when you look at the rest of the side it's absolutely beyond essential there's someone there to take the goal burden off Cisse. Our best bet for that by a mile is Gouffran.

Marveaux operates much the same way as HBA in that he consistently cuts in from the outside. We can put him out there, but we all know he'll just be a "winger-in-name-only." Our wide forwards are meant to collapse to allow the fullbacks space to get forward anyway.

I'm just not sure replacing Marveaux with Gouffran out wide will produce any drastic changes in what we're expecting from that position.

Marveaux operates much the same way as HBA in that he consistently cuts in from the outside. We can put him out there, but we all know he'll just be a "winger-in-name-only." Our wide forwards are meant to collapse to allow the fullbacks space to get forward anyway.

I'm just not sure replacing Marveaux with Gouffran out wide will produce any drastic changes in what we're expecting from that position.

Another threat in the box and progressive off the ball movement. He's perfect foil for Debuchy's famed crossing on the opposite side.

Unless we're expecting Cisse to get 20 goals between now and May we need another proper forward in the team, not a midfielder badly out of position.

Unless we're expecting Cisse to get 20 goals between now and May we need another proper forward in the team, not a midfielder badly out of position.

He was a "second half player" last season...  :shifty:

Krul

Sissoko

Cabaye        Marveaux

Cisse

The only problem i have with that and it is a very slight problem..... is that Sissoko while he can play as a DM it would restrict his best assets it would be like City playing Yaya as a DM.

He's best as a B2B CM where he can drive the team forward, but as i said he can do it so i could see this line up against weaker teams but against the better teams i would like to see Tiote or Anita in front of the back 4 with Sissoko further forward.