Our best team

Taylor Swift

Krul

Debuchy  Taylor  Coloccini  Santon

Tiote  Anita

Ben Arfa  Cabaye  Marveaux

Cisse

That's the one

It'd be good going forward but it'd get ripped to shreds defensively especially on the counter.

Why would that be with 2 holding midfielders?

With Santon and Debuchy getting forward we could be left with 4 at the back on a counter and only 2 of them being actual defenders.

How do all the other clubs that play that system cope?

Do you have a team in mind?

???

Swansea? Liverpool? Chelsea? Arsenal? Man City? West Brom? Most teams in the league?

Normally both full backs wouldn't push on both at the same time. If one overlaps, the other stays. Been done like this for years.

Thought our midfield in the first half against Reading with the right mentality is the way to go..... Anita-Cabaye-Marveaux looks to have a great balance to it.

We can talk about defense all we want, but all playing players like Tiote seem to do is restrict us possession wise and offensively and not really help defensively.

But until we get a manager who can run a team properly it doesn't really matter.

With a manager like Laudrup we could easily do this...

Krul

Debuchy Taylor Colo Santon

Anita

Cabaye Marveaux

Ben Arfa Cisse New FWD

But under Pardew we would probably look clueless and get run over, we can buy as many quality players as we like but as long as Pardew is here we won't go anywhere.

Thought our midfield in the first half against Reading with the right mentality is the way to go..... Anita-Cabaye-Marveaux looks to have a great balance to it.

We can talk about defense all we want, but all playing players like Tiote seem to do is restrict us possession wise and offensively and not really help defensively.

But until we get a manager who can run a team properly it doesn't really matter.

Krul

Anita

Cabaye Marveaux

Ben Arfa Cisse New FWD

But under Pardew we would probably look clueless and get run over, we can buy as many quality players as we like but as long as Pardew is here we won't go anywhere.

It would appear that Pardew is clueless. Last season the team more or less picked itself, so not much thought required.

Guest bimpy474

Krul

Anita

Cabaye Marveaux

Ben Arfa Cisse New FWD

4 up front, 12 altogether, i like :lol:

Guest bimpy474

New FWD = New Forward = I don't want to pick Obertan or Jonas :lol:

I knew that you plonker :lol:

Yes Obertan and Jonas should be nowhere near the starting 11 or the bench imo.

Krul

Anita

Cabaye Marveaux

Ben Arfa Cisse New FWD

Adds up to 11 to me.

Guest bimpy474

Krul

Anita

Cabaye Marveaux

Ben Arfa Cisse New FWD

Adds up to 11 to me.

Erm missed the joke then ?

Krul

Anita

Cabaye Marveaux

Ben Arfa Cisse New FWD

Adds up to 11 to me.

We need 12 with Pardew. Probably still manage to f it up somehow.

Guest bimpy474

Krul

Anita

Cabaye Marveaux

Ben Arfa Cisse New FWD

Adds up to 11 to me.

We need 12 with Pardew. Probably still manage to f it up somehow.

I think you could give him 15 and he would still lose games, he'd just see the extra players as a defensive bonus. I really do hate him now.

What we played yesterday in terms of formation.

Krul

Debuchy  Taylor  Colo  Santon

Anita

Cabaye

Marveaux

Ben Arfa      Cisse          Obertan

Obviously I'd make tweaks depending on the circumstances, Tiote has a place in some matches but I think overall Anita is better in the position and more suitable for the majority of games. He's not as powerful, but is faster, more intelligent positionally and far better on the ball.

Krul

Anita

Cabaye Marveaux

Ben Arfa Cisse New FWD

I'd agree with that selection, and if we'd got Remy, things would probably have got a lot easier. But we really need that new forward for it to work. I don't think it would work for Cisse to be a lone striker, with midfield players breaking forward to link with him. Cisse's link-up play is too poor for that.

After the most amazing week of transfers, what line-up home and away (All players fit) would you go for?

Home

Krul

Debuchy    Mbwia    Colo      Santon

Cabaye                Anita             

Sissoko

Ben Arfa                          Gouffran 

Cisse

Away

Krul

Debuchy    Mbwia    Colo      Santon

Cabaye        Tiote          Anita             

Ben Arfa        Sissoko

Cisse

I think it depends on the game.... there's some teams where i would rather see a Cabaye-Sissoko-Marveaux midfield and there's some games i would rather Anita-Sissoko-Cabaye and some games i would prefer to see Tiote-Sissoko-Cabaye.

Options ! i think the defense and attack more or less picks itself.... maybe on some occasions we could use Marveaux and HBA hovering behind Cisse instead of HBA and Gouffran.

I fucking love our team like. Once we hopefully pick up results and begin to gel, it'll be exciting.

Sissoko is the player I really want us to get, he'd push us forward and ideally make our strikers jobs much easier.

We actually have a squad now!

Home           

Krul

Mbwia        Colo   

Debuchy                      Santon

Sissoko

Cabaye                Anita             

Ben Arfa                          Gouffran 

Cisse

AWAY

Krul

Mbiwa    Taylor      Colo

Debuchy                                  Santon

Cabaye          Sissoko

Benny                                      Gouffran

Cisse

I fucking love our team like. Once we hopefully pick up results and begin to gel, it'll be exciting.

Sissoko is the player I really want us to get, he'd push us forward and ideally make our strikers jobs much easier.

We actually have a squad now!

I like your avatars. I'm hopeful but uncertain about things atm.

Thing is how often will all our best players be fit? not often, so Marveaux will find himself in the line up quite often i feel as he can play left, right or central.

There will be plenty of opportunities for a player like him to impress as will it for many others.

Its great we actually have options.

Krul                             

Yanga-Mbiwa        Coloccini               

Debuchy                              Santon

Anita

Sissoko                             

Cabaye         

Ben Arfa                              Marveaux     

Cisse

Bench: S. Taylor, Tiote, Gouffran, Haidara, Elliot, Obertan, Bigirimana, Perch, R. Taylor