Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Guest neesy111

Damien Duff was quite disappointing. Clearly going to piss off and ruin the career of one of our most promising players.

I think Roeder wanted to do that any-case in hindsight. 

Duff disappointing? What a load of rubbish. He was a top player at Chelsea and we badly needed another winger with Solano well on the way down.

:lol: Solano was probably our next-best player after Martins that season. We had Solano, Milner, N'Zogbia and even Dyer who could occupy a wing spot. A winger would've been useful, but we didn't 'badly need one' at all. Duff turned out to be an absolutely terrible choice. Mourinho (right?) obviously knew what he was doing when he sold that piece of shit.

Guest firetotheworks

He was disappointing in hindsight, but I was happy at the time. I was outraged when we signed Sibierski. I still remember what it was like on here. Ahhh, supporting Newcastle man.

Duff disappointing? What a load of rubbish. He was a top player at Chelsea and we badly needed another winger with Solano well on the way down.

:lol: Solano was probably our next-best player after Martins that season. We had Solano, Milner, N'Zogbia and even Dyer who could occupy a wing spot. A winger would've been useful, but Duff turned out to be an absolutely terrible choice. Mourinho (right?) obviously knew what he was doing when he sold that piece of shit.

Dyer was totally wasted out wide, Milner was expected to leave that summer, only staying because of last minute problems with the Viduka signing and Solano played at RB the season you're on about. His days on the wing were done.

Duff was awful for us, but anyone who claims to be disappointed with the signing at the time (apart from Wullie, who rated N'Zogbia as the next Figo) is kidding themselves a bit.

I thought it was a good signing providing he was second choice to N'Zogbia, who had been brilliant for about six months. As soon as Duff started his first game it was painfully obvious what was going to happen.

He was disappointing in hindsight, but I was happy at the time. I was outraged when we signed Sibierski. I still remember what it was like on here. Ahhh, supporting Newcastle man.

We had a completely different section/sub-forum for transfers, I think.

Couldn't handle F5-ing all the time, so played Footy Manager for a bit and came back on at about half-midnight. Sibierski. Then Bernard in the morning. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

When was the last time we signed a cast-off from the big clubs that actually worked? We've been ridden with the likes of Duff, Babayaro, Geremi, Alan Smith, Butt, Obertan.

Gillespie, Ben Arfa off the top of my head.