Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

When was the last time we signed a cast-off from the big clubs that actually worked? We've been ridden with the likes of Duff, Babayaro, Geremi, Alan Smith, Butt, Obertan.

Gillespie, Ben Arfa off the top of my head.

Martins arguably, although calling him a 'cast-off' depends how old you think he is.

When was the last time we signed a cast-off from the big clubs that actually worked? We've been ridden with the likes of Duff, Babayaro, Geremi, Alan Smith, Butt, Obertan.

Scott Parker. Some people may have been unhappy about how he left the club and his never ending turning circle, but certainly in his first season he was quality for us.

It wasnt exactly cast off money at the time and we had finished 2nd the season before.  If I remember correctly. 

We were also chasing babbel.  I think.

He also cost £8.5M which was a very very big fee at the time.

I'm sure we paid about £4.5m and sold him to Liverpool for £8.5m.

It wasnt exactly cast off money at the time and we had finished 2nd the season before.  If I remember correctly. 

Ryan Babel is still only 26! Kicking around in the Turkish league. Career gone from strength to strength...

Hamman was hardly a cast off from Byern like.  :lol: :lol:

Definitely not, he was 25 had just finished a season with Bayern where he played 41 games for them and also played in every game for Germany in the world cup the same year.

I'm sure we paid £8.5M for him mind.

Definitely remember it being around £4m-£5m, we wouldn't have sold him to Liverpool for the same price we paid either.

Ryan Babel is still only 26! Kicking around in the Turkish league. Career gone from strength to strength...

Reckon he was on about Marcus Babel.

Reckon he was on about Marcus Babel.

WwwwwhhhhhhhoooooooooooppppppppssssSSSSSS !

Soz.