Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Really good sub to have. Don't think he's the poacher or finisher Cisse is but he keeps it simple, direct and positive and grafts his 'nads off.

:lol:

What's funny about this, by the way? Didn't you see Cisse's brilliant finish tonight? Mackem.

Really good sub to have. Don't think he's the poacher or finisher Cisse is but he keeps it simple, direct and positive and grafts his 'nads off.

What's funny about this, by the way? Didn't you see Cisse's brilliant finish tonight? Mackem.

Really, really like Gouffran. Had no doubt he was capable of that sort of goal. If he can improve his instincts inside the box we'll have a player who's capable of getting 15 goals for us, imo. But he needs to usurp Cisse from that starting line-up. Which won't happen now cos, in fairness to Papiss, although his general play was shite - he did bag one.

His holding off of the defender, and then the touch to create space for his goal, was the kind of thing we need from Cisse, but he can't give us that. Its irritating.

If he can give us something Cisse can't I'd say it's a plus really.

Cisse is a better finisher and likely always will be.... Gouffran is a better all round player though IMO.

Fantastic goal though, hopefully many more to come. :thup:

Doesn't really take that much to be a better footballer than Cisse.

"I ran to see Bigi ( Gael Bigirimana )," he explained.

"Bigi is someone I get on with really well. He always encourages me to shoot so I wanted to go to him and say thanks for believing in me."

Does anyone dislike Bigi?

I think Bigi is going to become a very decent player, in my opinion he has already shown that he should be ahead of Tiote in the line up and should be pressuring Anita for his place in this coming season.

At first I was unimpressed when we ended with him as a winger instead of Remy but really quite like Goofy now in between Remy and HBA. He's wasted out wide.

I went to the Vila game and was really impressed with him when he came on. He caused villa big problems with his size, speed, control, ability to hold the ball up and impressive work rate. Every time i've seen him lately he's looked really good. Great goal yesterday and seems to be getting better and better.

He's a big lad hard to knock off the ball and far more physically suited to the Premiership than the weaker Cisse is. He's also a lot quicker than Cisse too, hard working and seems to know how to take his chances better than Cisse.

I'd try starting him ahead of Cisse. Cisse just does look like he'd lost it and couldn't hit a barn door in the Premiership at the moment.

At first I was unimpressed when we ended with him as a winger instead of Remy but really quite like Goofy now in between Remy and HBA. He's wasted out wide.

I went to the Vila game and was really impressed with him when he came on. He caused villa big problems with his size, speed, control, ability to hold the ball up and impressive work rate. Every time i've seen him lately he's looked really good. Great goal yesterday and seems to be getting better and better.

He's a big lad hard to knock off the ball and far more physically suited to the Premiership than the weaker Cisse is. He's also a lot quicker than Cisse too, hard working and seems to know how to take his chances better than Cisse.

I'd try starting him ahead of Cisse. Cisse just does look like he'd lost it and couldn't hit a barn door in the Premiership at the moment.

That's the problem for Pardew now though. Gouffran has done really well, but Cisse has finally got his goal.

To drop him after that would be a killer for his fragile as fuck confidence.

Doesn't look that big to me, although he does shield the ball well I agree. I Would like to see if he could hold the ball up playing through the middle certainly.

He is a lot stronger than I thought when arrived, he's worked hard and done really well for us.

Not sure I would drop Cisse now he's scored though, just the feeling of heading the ball in the net must have given him a big boost.

It is fine to say that, but at some point Gouffran will have to wonder what he must do to get on the pitch. He's played well at pretty much every opportunity this season, and contributed hard work and goals last season as well.