The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

I'll join the "I don't give f*** about friendlies" chorus.

That said, I'll eat up any football put on display, and the Spanish telly is broadcasting England-Brazil which is by far the tastiest tonight.

:yao:

France-Germany man, look at all those NUFC players :aww:

Rooney isn't a matchwinner for england anymore, but having said that rooney had achieved way more than neymar at international level at the same age.

He really hasn't has he though? Rooney had never won anything at the international level at his age. Neymar has won far more than Rooney at that age too, since Rooney won his first league title at 22. Also not discussing who's the better, just pointing out the fact that you're wrong.

And aye, friendlies sucked until Felipao came in. Now I'm just filled with excitement to see how we do tonight.

I'll join the "I don't give f*** about friendlies" chorus.

That said, I'll eat up any football put on display, and the Spanish telly is broadcasting England-Brazil which is by far the tastiest tonight.

:yao:

France-Germany man, look at all those NUFC players :aww:

I enjoy games between European and SA sides a lot more, they can only meet in the WC.

I can wait until the weekend to see the France NT play against Spurs.

Not too arsed about midweek international friendlies that don't affect our schedule, different story when they're played on the weekend...

Aye, it's better than no football at all :thup:

Agree, just fucking scared about injuries...

Is it wrong that id rather the France match was on telly?

Luckily for you the Guardian is streaming it, also Rooney is a fantastic player and by far our best player.

And he's not a striker so i'm not sure why its relevant.

I'd go as far to say Rooney's career has been a disappointment thus far. He should be better than he currently is and have thought that since he was with us. He had the whole world at his feet at 19/20/21 and at this stage I expected to be putting him right among the best forwards in the world (albeit behind Messi and Ronaldo). I can't, though. Shame.

He's still a very good player and probably the best we've currently got, mind.

I don't really consider him a forward anymore tbh, he's played in a attacking midfield role for so long now that is what i consider him and he's fantastic at it.

Because he doesn't score doesn't change that the Rooney with England debate reminds me of the Messi with Argentina debate a year or so ago.

Its more down to the team to get the best out of him than it is Rooney itself, we don't have enough good players around him firstly and secondly we don't use him correctly.

I have never seen the Man Utd Rooney for England very often and that's more due to the reasons i mentioned than Rooney himself.

I don't really consider him a forward anymore tbh, he's played in a attacking midfield role for so long now that is what i consider him and he's fantastic at it.

Because he doesn't score doesn't change that the Rooney with England debate reminds me of the Messi with Argentina debate a year or so ago.

Its more down to the team to get the best out of him than it is Rooney itself, we don't have enough good players around him firstly and secondly we don't use him correctly.

I have never seen the Man Utd Rooney for England very often and that's more due to the reasons i mentioned than Rooney himself.

Haven't been impressed with Rooney for Man Utd either for a while, tbh. He looked ridiculously dangerous 5 years ago, but he's nowhere near that now.

A very good, functional player with a very occasional moment of brilliance. To me, that represents a below-par state of affairs considering the insane natural talent he showed when he was younger.