The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Do Swansea have a particularly small squad, or a lot of injuries/suspensions at the moment? If the answer to all of these is no, there's no need for wholesale changes IMO. The final is a week away ffs.

Flores and Taylor are their two injuries according to Physioroom - both long term. Really strong bench today too.

Do Swansea have a particularly small squad, or a lot of injuries/suspensions at the moment? If the answer to all of these is no, there's no need for wholesale changes IMO. The final is a week away ffs.

Michu, Dyer, Williams, Rangel, and Routledge are all on the bench. Have to think Swansea is a tougher side with them in the lineup.

Can understand Bartley and Monk at the back, to play for the place vacated by Chico next week.

But we weakened the midfield and no-one understands Laudrups fascination with Schecter.

Opposite of cowardly. Putting all his eggs in one League Cup-shaped basket.

Forgot they achieve the Europa League anyway by winning it in my previous post.

Don't think they've done anything wrong personally. Selfish maybe, but that's their right. The PL is so uncompetitive, they know they have no hope of a CL spot, so why not take every possible measure to make sure you're in the strongest position possible to win a trophy?

Open warfare on our forum now, those arguing it doesn't matter that we're being thrashed and those (like me) who think it does.

Too many changes, all for a cup game against League Two opposition.

I would be pissed off if I was a Swansea fan, especially considering the opposition and the manager. I wouldn't underrate Bradford though which Laudrop clearly hasn't, far stranger things have happened in football.

Opposite of cowardly. Putting all his eggs in one League Cup-shaped basket.

Forgot they achieve the Europa League anyway by winning it in my previous post.

Don't think they've done anything wrong personally. Selfish maybe, but that's their right. The PL is so uncompetitive, they know they have no hope of a CL spot, so why not take every possible measure to make sure you're in the strongest position possible to win a trophy?

Unfortunately (IMO) it's not their right, because the PL have fined people for doing this before.

Give the away fans their money back in that case Beren, including travel expenses. It's disgusting to treat supporters like that.

That's fair enough. O0 Especially if Laudrup hadn't mentioned in the lead-up to the game that he'd be fielding a weakened side etc

Even the impending £25k-odd fine will be worth it if this time next week they've got a trophy to parade around back at the Liberty. That's not to say they couldn't have won both, but the weighting of the two games are so far apart in terms of importance. The remainder of their Premier League season is a dead rubber along with 60-70% of everyone else tbh.

Swansea were above Liverpool in the table before today's game. By fielding the lineup they did, shows they blatantly didn't play to win. The League Cup final is a week away, would've been plenty of time for the regulars to rest after today's game.

And yes, I'm miffed that Michu didn't get me any more points in fantasy :lol:

Do Swansea get a Europa League spot if they win it?

Cardiff weren't going to be given a UEFA Cup spot if they had have won the FA Cup a few years ago because the English FA said it is up to the Welsh FA to put them forward.

Guest neesy111

Cardiff weren't going to be given a UEFA Cup spot if they had have won the FA Cup a few years ago because the English FA said it is up to the Welsh FA to put them forward.

I think that's been sorted now.

Can understand Bartley and Monk at the back, to play for the place vacated by Chico next week.

But we weakened the midfield and no-one understands Laudrups fascination with Schecter.

Aye whenever I've seen him Schechter looked like the definition of a 'all fart and no sh*t' player

Yes we will if we win, Cardiff would have too.

Never know, may see Bradford in it.

As much as Swansea will dispute it, action will be taken against them. The end will probably justify the means though.

If the end justifies the means, and clubs continue to do this, then the fines will increase and god knows what else they'd do. Point deductions perhaps...

Would be good fun to see how many times Man Utd can play a weakened side and avoid deductions.

Unfortunately (IMO) it's not their right, because the PL have fined people for doing this before.

Not really since the league have changed the rule regarding 'weakened teams'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14166038

Edit: They have only one 21-yo player in the starting line-up today.

Well that's me out then. Was unaware of that.

No sanctions it is, I'm fine with that tbh. Although in this instance I still think it's fairly idiotic.

Don't think Bradford's stadium match the UEFA requirements anyway?

Don't think Bradford's stadium match the UEFA requirements anyway?

Don't the likes of Shamrock Rovers play in the qualification rounds of the Champions League?