The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

So excited for tonight. The tie is beautifully poised, there'll be goals and there's so many big personalities involved (Mourinho, Sir Alex, Ronaldo, Rooney). Could be an iconic match, fingers crossed.

Yup. If we get something half as good as the 4-3, I'll be happy. Really hope this doesn't disappoint. Neither team will be interested in defending, surely there'll be plenty of goals?

I would of thought both teams will be overly occupied with defending. Can see it being quite cagey.

At home in this game, I really can't see Man Utd actively thinking the best way to get through is to keep a clean sheet. Real obviously need a goal - I can perhaps see them being a bit cagey if they go 1-0 up. But then again that would bring Man Utd out. There's the danger of having inflated expectations about this game but although I don't think we'll get another 4-3 for example, I'd be surprised if we don't see a few goals and some class play.

Madrid on pens.

I can't remember seeing Mourinho and Sir Alex both being so relaxed before a game of this magnitude.

Mourinho was as calm as somehow possible pre match to the final in 2010 against Bayern. He knew he would win.

I don't think I will be able to put up with the aural creamery of Tyldesley and co, so I might have to watch it with my headphones on, blasting exceptionally loud krautrock into my brain.

I do that with basically every match i watch on TV although the choice of music is quite different  :razz:

I don't think I will be able to put up with the aural creamery of Tyldesley and co, so I might have to watch it with my headphones on, blasting exceptionally loud krautrock into my brain.

Get an American TV and watch Gus.

Manchester United team to play Real Madrid: De Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Cleverley, Nani, Welbeck, Giggs, Van Persie

Real Madrid team to play Manchester United: Lopez, Arbeloa, Varane, Ramos, Coentrao, Alonso, Khedira, Di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo, Higuain

No Rooney?  :icon_scratch:

1840:

Intriguing, Very intriguing. There are suggestions from journalists within Old Trafford that Wayne Rooney has been left out of the Manchester United starting line-up in favour of Ryan Giggs. We are chasing confirmation now.

It seems...