The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Guest bimpy474

:sweetjesus: dat movement.

Why can't our players attempt to move like that? The Dortmund players are on a completely different level to ours but even poor players can move into space. Touch, control and passing ability yeah, granted, but simple things like moving about the pitch it something every player should be capable of doing so why can't we?

Really frustrating to see us fail to do the simple things like sensible movement week after week. It wouldn't cure our impotence going forward but it would be a start. 

Because Pardew is all about shape and rigid defensive positioning. Whereas Dortmund are about forward movement and freedom to express themselves as footballers, knowing that keeping the ball means the opposition can't hurt you if they don't have it. Therefore allowing you to take risks.

Flys in the face of everything Pardew.

Well imo like.

:thup:

End of the day if you keep the ball, they simply can't score. With the players we've got, it should be fairly easy to achieve.

Exactly and that's why we know Pardew is a crap coach, he simply can't get his teams to keep the ball.

And when our GK comes to hoof the ball in the oppositions box anytime we get a free kick near the halfway line, a tactic that never ever works. Is it any wonder we doubt the bloke.

Genuinely think that Pardew's entire philosophy is to keep the ball as far away from our goal as possible. The longer it's down there the more likely we are to scramble a goal. There's no pattern or system we use, we just pick an XI to occupy 11 positions on the park, attempt to keep the ball as far away from Krul as possible and hope for the best. It's fucking awful to watch and unfortunately I can't see it changing while he's here. Bleurgh.

Totally agree, love good passing football me and it's why i hate him, watching what he gives us makes me sick. :(

Guest bimpy474

:sweetjesus: dat movement.

Why can't our players attempt to move like that? The Dortmund players are on a completely different level to ours but even poor players can move into space. Touch, control and passing ability yeah, granted, but simple things like moving about the pitch it something every player should be capable of doing so why can't we?

Really frustrating to see us fail to do the simple things like sensible movement week after week. It wouldn't cure our impotence going forward but it would be a start. 

Because Pardew is all about shape and rigid defensive positioning. Whereas Dortmund are about forward movement and freedom to express themselves as footballers, knowing that keeping the ball means the opposition can't hurt you if they don't have it. Therefore allowing you to take risks.

Flys in the face of everything Pardew.

Well imo like.

:thup:

End of the day if you keep the ball, they simply can't score. With the players we've got, it should be fairly easy to achieve.

I disagree with that slightly because Dortmund don't usually dominate possession at least against the big teams.

They average less than 40% in this years CL iirc, what they do is press ridiculously well so when they lose the ball the opposition can't do anything anyway as the attacks are stopped before they start. Thus for Dortmund they are closer to goal when they win the ball also needing less passes to hurt the opposition.

Its f*cking class to watch IMO.

Difference being Mole, is when Dortmund dont have the ball they close the opposition down. We on the other hand just sit there deep waiting to get opened up, putting little or no pressure on the ball.

I truly despair at Pardew's tactics.

Oh i agree, was just pointing out that Dortmund's football isn't really from the Barca school of if they can't have the ball they can't hurt us.

Its rather different and honestly IMO at least better to watch.

Both are miles better than Pardball mind :lol:

Barca are a bit freakish to be honest. Dortmund's is just about how it should be imo. Lovely to watch.

I try not to think about our football when watching a team like Dortmund, just much rather enjoy them than comparing to the shite we have to watch.

WRONG! Every team better than us must be referenced back to Pardew & the TRUTH that he is telling our WORLD CLASS players to play as SHIT as they can.

pretty much just summed up this football board recently :lol:

Guest neesy111

Benzema 30 goals in 50 games in CL 4th best record...

Amazes me how many people slate him still.

Malaga is oging to win this, I haven't seen a team miss this many chances.

Dortmund vs City in the group stage.... in fact Dortmund regularly, they always do this that is their main problem they play great stuff but they miss double digits worth of chances all the time.

Dortmund vs City in the group stage.... in fact Dortmund regularly, they always do this that is their main problem they play great stuff but they miss double digits worth of chances all the time.

Didn't see that game, was it as bad?

Didn't see that game, was it as bad?

Worse :lol: