The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Guest bimpy474

Good for goal difference.

10 worse than us now. That'll take some swing in 4 games.

Wont matter a sod if they get 4 points and we get none.

But if they get 3 or we get 1 ;)

Aye, must say i'm very worried about us even get the 1 though. Hate feeling this way :(

if villa beat the mackems, liverpool beat us, theres gonna be a few teams on 37 points like, what a shit off its going to be.

I'm more worried that Wigan and Villa have to play each other, either get 3 points or both get 1.

If they both get results elsewhere and we get nothing, dont want to think about it.

Twat he may be but Ferguson is astonishing. Continually bucks the trend of what modern football expects the top sides to be doing. Imagine a title winning team in any other side in any other top league with a 40 year old bloke and a lightweight passer in central midfield for God's sake. Love how he's never been interested in a pure defensive midfielder whilst the rest of the league/rest of Europe consider it a pre-requisite,

Their midfield is miles behind Barca, Bayern etc and it will continue to cost them in Europe until they address it.

Villa have got some great attacking players if they do go down, some nice pickings for clubs with money

Benteke and?

Agbonlahor isnt too hot and CNZ is hit and miss

Weimann is class IMO.

Yeah I like him, I reckon he'll stay with Villa though if they go down

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

So Man U are winning 3-0, have basically won the league, and the crowd is s***.

Normal service resumed really.

I'm just being jealous and bitter that they're going to win another league title, and their fans seemingly couldn't care less. Superior bastards.

Both Weimann and Benteke would strengthen us, arguably the Zog as well, though I don't think he can come back.

Honestly I think he would. Pretty sure he was wanting to come back before he went to Villa.

I'm just being jealous and bitter that they're going to win another league title, and their fans seemingly couldn't care less. Superior bastards.

I genuinely wonder how happy they actually are. Novelty must wear off to an extent.

I'm just being jealous and bitter that they're going to win another league title, and their fans seemingly couldn't care less. Superior b******s.

The day they get relegated (:yao:) will be a great day.

Ferguson is unique in many aspects, but his ability to adapt and react to anything thrown at him is the most remarkable thing. Dalglish and Blackburn, Keegan with us, Arsene and Arsenal, Mourinho and Chelsea, Rafa and Liverpool and now Mancini and City.

As fantastic as Ferguson is i really do get the feeling his team is underrated in general.

Carrick and Cleverly are very good, anyone who says other wise is blinded by hatred of the club same goes for Rafeal, Evans, Welbeck etc etc

Of course Rooney and RVP are very good, they are just not flashy but the players themselves are clearly very good.

They were very unlucky to not knock Madrid out and you don't do that unless you have players of a certain quality.

Ferguson is unique in many aspects, but his ability to adapt and react to anything thrown at him is the most remarkable thing. Dalglish and Blackburn, Keegan with us, Arsene and Arsenal, Mourinho and Chelsea, Rafa and Liverpool and now Mancini and City.

I don't think he adapts or reacts to anything in particular, he just knows how to transition teams between generation to generation better than anybody. Most of those teams had the better of Man U for a spell, but then they always rebuilt while their contenders failed to.

I don't think he adapts or reacts to anything in particular, he just knows how to transition teams between generation to generation better than anybody. Most of those teams had the better of Man U for a spell, but then they always rebuilt while their contenders failed to.

That's what I meant to say. He rebuilds to conquer them.

True. To have been going for as long as he has and to have maintained that high standard is massively impressive. All players buy into his ethos.

As fantastic as Ferguson is i really do get the feeling his team is underrated in general.

Carrick and Cleverly are very good, anyone who says other wise is blinded by hatred of the club same goes for Rafeal, Evans, Welbeck etc etc

Of course Rooney and RVP are very good, they are just not flashy but the players themselves are clearly very good.

They were very unlucky to not knock Madrid out and you don't do that unless you have players of a certain quality.

I do think some of those players are a little underrated but I also look at the squad and despite having a few top class players it still doesn't look that amazing  :undecided:

I don't think they were unlucky against Madrid like. For all Ferguson continually proves himself to be one of the best in the history of the sport, he was ruthlessly out-managed that night at Old Trafford. Mourinho exploited his foibles perfectly and Madrid were deserved winners, in spite of the contentious red.

I do think some of those players are a little underrated but I also look at the squad and despite having a few top class players it still doesn't look that amazing  :undecided:

Looks can be deceiving  :p

I do think there's a few areas they need to look at before they win another CL but mainly i do see it as a very strong squad which is very balanced with quality players who each know their roles to a tee and pull them off to perfection.

Aye. It never really needs a 'rebuild' though, because he's always rebuilding without you really realising it. Transitions between his sides are so smooth.

I think the RvP signing is actually something he doesn't do that often, going out and buying an old-ish established top player as a reaction to losing the title.

Aye. It never really needs a 'rebuild' though, because he's always rebuilding without you really realising it. Transitions between his sides are so smooth.

I think the RvP signing is actually something he doesn't do that often, going out and buying an old-ish established top player as a reaction to losing the title.

Wouldn't have done it if it wasn't City IMO. He's a bitter old so and so more than anything, he also values the PL over everything unlike other managers.