The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

I thought City's performance today was as good an example of a team of mercenaries not giving a flying fuck as I have ever seen. Shocking.

Someone on Blue Moon summed it up quite well when they said that they showed today that they are still miles away from being a big club as opposed to a club with a load of money.

That's very well put indeed.

Super Frank. :smitten: Amazing achievement.

1 in 3 over 600 games from a midfielder. Ridiculous :lol:

One of the very best English midfielders ever.

Agreed. Always preferred him to Gerrard.

Scholes was better than them both

I'm not a fan but that is phenomenal. Fair play to him. Pity he couldn't replicate that form for England.

I'm not a fan but that is phenomenal. Fair play to him. Pity he couldn't replicate that form for England.

Well he's got near enough 1 in 3 for England too if you want to split hairs. Although I know that's not twhat you mean by form..

Keys and Grey claiming he's 'the greatest midfielder of his generation' on their Twitter. Fucking Wumming twats  :lol:

Well he's got near enough 1 in 3 for England too if you want to split hairs. Although I know that's not twhat you mean by form..

Keys and Grey claiming he's 'the greatest midfielder of his generation' on their Twitter. Fucking Wumming twats  :lol:

He doesn't have much to his game other than shooting from anywhere. Some go in, some are going anywhere near the target before being deflected in and some fly high or wide. He doesn't beat players like Gazza or split defences with a pass like Hoddle. He ,honestly to me, picks up the ball 25-40 yards out and advances 5-10 yards and shoots.

His goal record as I say is fantastic, yet despite that strangely, I find him vastly over rated.

Guest TheGreatBeardo

Lampard is up there with Scholes. I think people romanticise Scholes a bit because his peak was about 10 years ago and underrate Lampard because he's still playing.

He's not up there with Scholes at his best like. His passing is underrated but he has never been able to run a game like Scholes could.

Lampard is up there with Scholes. I think people romanticise Scholes a bit because his peak was about 10 years ago and underrate Lampard because he's still playing.

He's not up there with Scholes at his best like. His passing is underrated but he has never been able to run a game like Scholes could.

It depends what you define as important in a midfielder, Lampard's goal return means he simply has to be up there for me. Technically Scholes edges it, but a lot of Lampard's attributes such as positioning and timing of runs goes unnoticed a lot of the time because they're not overt and off the ball.

:lol:

On the plus side, a Wigan win prevented Man City from overtaking us in the most unsuccessful clubs table.

FYP

We're joint 8th most successful club in the country ya silly fucker :lol:

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I feel gutted for the Benfica fans. Porto fans are such dicks they really are I have seen them when they came to Dublin they think they're so great, it would have been great to see Benfica do one over them and hand them a little slice of humble pie, but football is such a cruel game.

I feel gutted for the Benfica fans. Porto fans are such dicks they really are I have seen them when they came to Dublin they think they're so great, it would have been great to see Benfica do one over them and hand them a little slice of humble pie, but football is such a cruel game.

I'm in shatters.

I don't know what more I can say.

It's like wanting to cry, but I can't. It's like I won't be able to feel football the same way I did from now on.

Pure cruelty.

I'm in shatters.

It's like wanting to cry, but I can't. It's like I won't be able to feel football the same way I did from now on.

Pure cruelty.

Porto play Pacos de Ferreira who are 3rd and have proven very capable this season but I can`t see Porto messing up this one.....and from what I`ve heard Pacos usually bend over for Porto. Always gutting to lose in the 91st minute but even more so for a title deciding game like this.

I'm in shatters.

Pure cruelty.

Porto play Pacos de Ferreira who are 3rd and have proven very capable this season but I can`t see Porto messing up this one.....and from what I`ve heard Pacos usually bend over for Porto. Always gutting to lose in the 91st minute but even more so for a title deciding game like this.

Every fucking team bends over Porto.

Portuguese league is a joke and I still can't believe why I care for this.

This is a joke. Benfica is in a European final, it's something I used to dream as a kid, and now I don't even care for it.

I'm seriously considering quitting football.

3 am and I can't sleep.

Lampard is fantastic. A different player from Scholes. He's not just shooting from anywhere, thats what he wants to do.  The guy reads the game so well. 10 years from now you'll see it. He's a living legend.

I think Lampard has been better for England than Gerrard has. Yet I'm not sure what it is but for me at the very peak of their powers I think Gerrard was a better player.