The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

I know we have a few who know the rules pretty well on here, is there anything in there which at all implies a sense of leniency early in the game?

Because that might have saved Cattermole, and you see it a few times. Potentially red-worthy challenge but only a yellow given when it's early on.

It's down to the ref not wanting to set a precedent for the rest of the match.

Yeah that's fair enough. But on the other hand if it's a red card challenge, it should be a red card. Or is it that the referee thinks things will generally get out of control if there's a red card straight away?

Probably also a sense that players might not be quite up to speed, and the ref being reluctant to 'spoil the game'. Not saying it's right, but it's understandable IMO.

I know we have a few who know the rules pretty well on here, is there anything in there which at all implies a sense of leniency early in the game?

Because that might have saved Cattermole, and you see it a few times. Potentially red-worthy challenge but only a yellow given when it's early on.

Yeah that's fair enough. But on the other hand if it's a red card challenge, it should be a red card. Or is it that the referee thinks things will generally get out of control if there's a red card straight away?

If its red its a red for me, but the pressure is on the ref for a long time to even it up, especially if its a home player gone. They just don't want that attention for 88mins from players, managers and crowd.

Probably also a sense that players might not be quite up to speed, and the ref being reluctant to 'spoil the game'. Not saying it's right, but it's understandable IMO.

Cattermole in particular has precendent though. He virtually did the same thing v Tiote in the first minute last year.

Carl Jenkinson is complete s*** every time I've seen him.

He's on 32k till 2018. Madness.

Second time I've seen you post this. How would you possibly know?

Fairly well documented. Just thought it was worth repeating.

He's not bad. Will be decent in a few years.

Cattermole in particular has precendent though. He virtually did the same thing v Tiote in the first minute last year.

Well yeah but I doubt they're meant to use previous incidents to judge players' intent. Even if it seems that they do with Tiote himself. :lol:

Carl Jenkinson is complete s*** every time I've seen him.

He's on 32k till 2018. Madness.

Second time I've seen you post this. How would you possibly know?

Fairly well documented. Just thought it was worth repeating.

He's not bad. Will be decent in a few years.

I like him. Just don't think he's worth anything like that yet.