The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

I wonder if he wants a team that will keep its shape and not be passengers, because lets be honest Rooney and Kagawa were below standards in the first leg.

That is the only reason i can think of why he's done it, even then its a bit confusing.

Not bad couple of players to bring on if you need to though.

I'm more surprised that Rooney is benched, rather than it making me think Real will definitely win. That team is still easily good enough to win, let alone the strong bench.

Rooney was terrible in the first leg.

He's still Rooney who normally produces and creates for them.

He's very inconsistent though. Ferguson knows what he's doing and fair play to him for having the testicular fortitude for leaving him out.

Rooney was terrible in the first leg.

He's still Rooney who normally produces and creates for them.

He's very inconsistent though. Ferguson knows what he's doing and fair play to him for having the testicular fortitude for leaving him out.

I'm admring Sir Ales and thinks he's one of the best. But, sometimes, in the very big games he gets it wrong.

Remember his last CL final againt Barca? Owen over Berbatov on the bench? Just an example...

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/163141877-cristiano-ronaldo-of-real-madrid-greets-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QfAvTksLYli5hGybiYodxI7j57ikzrAyKi%2By40kqIG03fMH0LRybQEc8jzbYPRmnXcnhuAd1aVPuVGigLLEVZtU%3D

Also, Rooney was vital in defence during the first leg for them.

Don't agree, time and time again Rafeal was left 2 v 1 against Coentrao and Ronaldo.

His workrate still was/is 10 times the workrate of Nani.