The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

High paced 'English' football at it's best (like this) at home can so much blow teams away, infuriates me England never play like this. It's the PL's one major strength over all leagues.

Italian football is horrific at the moment, none of their teams have much to desire.

Shocking how far a team like Inter have fallen in 3 years.

I said that the other day and got glassed in here.

Italian football is horrific at the moment, none of their teams have much to desire.

Do hate it when people put down the standard of an entire league based on one team.....

Inter are shite but that doesn't make the whole league shite, if you haven't noticed there's more Italian teams in the last 8 of the CL than English.

Guest Craig-NUFC

It's likely that 2 Italian sides will be in the next round of the CL and 1 in the EL.

I don't normally like to be ignorant in an arguement but the italian league is utter tosh.

I'd love to see them get to the latter stages of the champions league with tougher opposition in their domestic fixtures.

There's no more stars in their game either, the great Juve and Milan sides with Del Pieros and Vieri's.

I don't normally like to be ignorant in an arguement but the italian league is utter tosh.

I'd love to see them get to the latter stages of the champions league with tougher opposition in their domestic fixtures.

There's no more stars in their game either, the great Juve and Milan sides with Del Pieros and Vieri's.

This Juventus side is a very good team tbf, although i do agree with the rest of that post.

I said that the other day and got glassed in here.

Italian teams will always be successful because they always produce top class players that don't go abroad and consistently produce the best coaches in the world. The latter fact in particular simply cannot be argued against.

The lull at the moment is down to the major teams stripping down and replacing aging squads and that the last generation of Italian players being on the way out and the next generation hasn't appeared yet. It will though. Despite the current low eb, they still have 2 sides likely to make the last 8 of the CL (I've said from the beginning I think Juve will make the final) and lest not forget the 'poor' iteration of the national team made yet another major final.

Think the Italian league hit a low and is climbing out of it, in a transitional phase where the older generation is phasing out and some exciting young players are coming in. I disagree the standard is piss poor, Juve's champions league form demonstrates that the best Italian team are definately in with a rather unlikely shout perhaps, but could win the CL.

The problem is Inter are pretty poor, and their weaknesses are masked slightly by a still quite slow and narrow Italian league. In Europe, they moreso than other Italian teams are going to be found out for it.

I think Italian league is on the up, their loss of 'star power' is going to benefit them because i wouldn't be surprised if the next generation of stars came from there. Juve will probably be found out a bit when against a team who play a high intensity game with more quality, but they can trouble the best of teams, and their defence is great.

Milan just beat Barcalona. Also.

High paced 'English' football at it's best (like this) at home can so much blow teams away, infuriates me England never play like this. It's the PL's one major strength over all leagues.

That's it really. Most of the players, and more importantly, all the managers that implement this style of play well aren't actually English.