The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Amused me when Fellaini was in a rich vein of form earlier in the year, pundits falling over themselves trying to praise him and exaggerate how good he was. We'll have to sell someone to fund any new signings so if someone offers us 25m for him then I'd say yes.

On his day, he's unplayable. The paradox is the bloke also struggles with the very basics of the game.

I'd take Lampard over Gerrard, fwiw.

More goals, more assists in the last decade.

No way. Gerrard has always been a better player than Lampard for me. I'd say they both have a better goal and assist rate than Scholes but most people would have had Scholes in their team before either of them.

Goal and assist rates shouldn't be used to compare players. Peter Crouch has a better goal ratio for England than Shearer does for example.

And yet Lampard has way more goals and assists in his career.

Domestic and international.

He does. More than Zidane, more than Kaka. His goal record is up there with the likes of Zico and Platini, but he's nowhere near the same level as those guys.

Agree to disagree. I think Scholes and Gerrard are better players than Lampard.

And yet Lampard has way more goals and assists in his career.

Domestic and international.

He does. More than Zidane, more than Kaka. His goal record is up there with the likes of Zico and Platini, but he's nowhere near the same level as those guys.

Agree to disagree. I think Scholes and Gerrard are better players than Lampard.

100% agree.