The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Did West Brom have a meaningful shot in that match?

We've been doing that a lot tbh. I mean of course they had ten men for half the game, but we had 65% possession before that.

We're decent at controlling a game, but struggle to break teams down. Partly lack of guile by the support players (Walker, Dempsey at times, Lennon at times), but a great deal can be laid at the feet/brain of Defoe. A clever, clinical forward like Michu would have made us far more incisive. Holtby will help a great deal, but most of all I hope that Ade comes back raring to-go (ahem). If he does, then I actually think we're in a great position for the CL.

Bale is a funny kettle of fish. I mean, so much of the coverage and comment is either excessively fawning, or an excessive reaction to the fawning. He's really, really good. I hate his readiness to go down so easily (as with any footballer) and it's never right, but when you see some of the tackles he has to deal with it's really not all that surprising. Apart from one or two today, just look at the one against Norwich when he did that lovely pirouette. Shaw (?) comes screaming in two-footed, and would have broken his ankle in two if Bale hadn't been so quick. Ref didn't even say a word.

Thank f*** we won today though. The fans would have been up in arms after our failure to add a striker and Defoe's injury. I thought that it was Manchester and Chelsea guaranteed 1, 2, 3, and then a punch up between Merseyside and North London for fourth - but maybe, just maybe, Chelsea can still f*** it up. Next week will be a cracking game between us.

I can't see us finishing 4th. We still have all of the top 7, bar Man City, away from home. I can probably count on one hand the amount of these games we've won in the past 5-10 years.

Really hope Man City win today.

I really rate you, and so I hope you're right! An injury to Baines or Fellaini would be handy.

I hadn't checked out everyone's fixtures - hang on.

Chelsea 2 H, 3 A against the top seven.

Spurs 3 H, 2 A - plus Newcastle at home

Everton 1 H, 5 A

Arsenal 2 H, 1 A - plus Newcastle away

Liverpool 3 H, 1 A (today's match) - plus Newcastle away

Yeah. Arsenal and Liverpool have decent fixtures, although I wouldn't fancy going to SJP now. I think the winner will be the one who picks up more of the bus-parking fixtures. That's why I'm particularly ecstatic about getting the win today.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Joe Hart is given such an easy ride in the media

Yup. He's decent, but he switches off. Makes easy things look a lot harder then they should be. Gets too over-hyped.