The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

@ZcottAFC: World class Gareth Bale is only 6 goals and 5 assists behind the inconsistent and non-footballing brain Theo Walcott.

Think pretty fair  :lol:

Jamie Redknapp said Bale was in the same bracket as Messi and Ronaldo today, it was a bit weird because I was thinking this guy is meant to be an expert and what he just said is completely untrue to anyone with eyes.

@ZcottAFC: World class Gareth Bale is only 6 goals and 5 assists behind the inconsistent and non-footballing brain Theo Walcott.

Think pretty fair  :lol:

Jamie Redknapp said Bale was in the same bracket as Messi and Ronaldo today, it was a bit weird because I was thinking this guy is meant to be an expert and what he just said is completely untrue to anyone with eyes.

Yup.

Which isn't taking anything from Bale because on his day he is almost unplayable. But I think he lacks the vision and actual technique to be in the world-class bracket. Remains to be seen whether he improves this side of his game.

Not sure if he'd do very well at the very top teams, when the opposition will constantly have 9/10 people behind the ball.

I don't mean to pour cold water on that but Walcott's stats are very misleading.....

A lot his goals and assists came in 3 games.... against us, Reading and Coventry in the cup contributing to 8 goals 5 asists of his total from 3 games.

So he has 10 goals and 6 assists in his 26 other games.

He's been good this year don't get me wrong but his stats are very misleading.

would you say his stats are misleading?

Just realised i said it twice :lol: was watching the Milan game were typing.  :laugh:

I'm jesting :aww: you make a good point on Walcott.

Not sure it is a very good point at all, 10 goals in 26 games is still good going, even if you ignore the 3 games he was most productive in for some unknown reason.

Just realised i said it twice :lol: was watching the Milan game were typing.  :laugh:

Not sure it is a very good point at all, 10 goals in 26 games is still good going, even if you ignore the 3 games he was most productive in for some unknown reason.

:thup:

I didn't deny that though, just that his overall total is misleading and doesn't really show how good/bad his overall performances is.

That's the trouble with stats they do tend to mislead more than help most of the time.