The French Connection - Allez the lads

LooneyToonArmy

I'd like some English press not to be quite so skeptical and mention the quality of players we got

They're upset and angry. Things were going great for them. Redknapp steals player from under our nose, prefers QPR to NUFC

Disharmony, fans turning on manager, awful results, players abysmal, players snapping at fans (Ranger, Sammy) Could it get any better ? Relegation for sure !

Then apparently Ashley took over transfers.

Then we started signing at good rates (bargain rates for some) players that the likes of Arsenal wanted

They don't know what to say. They're praying it doesn't work

Enjoying Arsene, Arsenal fans and some journos whining about Ashley's buys this window. The journos had been enjoying Redknapp's getting Remy from under our noses too

Anyone remember the Sandwich Boutique on Shakespeare Street (or was it Hood Street)? Tiny place, but with a cosmopolitan feel. Me and my teenage friends were always in there. The guy who owned it put a couple of tables on the pavement outside in the summer, and even came out and played the accordion sometimes for customers. The council forbade him to have the pavement tables, and I remember some official remarking sniffily that this was Newcastle, not Paris.

How times have changed.

.....and I remember some (council) official remarking sniffily that this was Newcastle, not Paris.

How times have changed.

Peabrained wasteful incompetent and arrogant council representatives haven't.

If anything they're WORSE now

On the plus side Newcastle might finally get a French restaurant now.

I certainly hope so. Been on the lookout for one for ages.

The last one I can recall is that place (the name escapes me) which is now Nudo.

"The fact is that whilst a born Geordie may have an underlying connection and affinity to the city, and the Ameobis and Steven Taylor remain to provide that (substitute) core, a French player will have no less kinship with the club and city than a player from London or Cardiff."

That's the line which got me. So true. Plus they'll cost half the fee, half the wages, and generally twice the technical ability.