Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

“He wanted to know exactly his role, and exactly what he needed to do, which is very rare for players. They normally just turn up and play. I was delighted with that." -McClaren on Thauvin

Pretty damning indictment of most players.

Although to be fair, I'm guessing if Thauvin had asked Carver or Pardew the specifics of his role, he'd have been met with a "show me some magic" and "be a spark".

Florian, get back.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-mcclaren-reveals-florian-thauvin-9905527

He said: “What does he have to do?

“Assist, score goals, be creative and get the fans excited.

“He has to do his job on the field.

“We want to create something the fans are proud of, and Thauvin needs to become a part of that.

“He’s got the potential and the ability.”

Not one mention of grafting, tracking back, passion, kilometres to run etc etc.

Thank God for that.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-mcclaren-reveals-florian-thauvin-9905527

He said: “What does he have to do?

“Assist, score goals, be creative and get the fans excited.

“He has to do his job on the field.

“We want to create something the fans are proud of, and Thauvin needs to become a part of that.

“He’s got the potential and the ability.”

Not one mention of grafting, tracking back, passion, kilometres to run etc etc.

Thank God for that.

Sort of.

"He wants me to get goals, and he wants me to supply goals too.

But he also wants me to fulfil my defensive duties as well."

Given how the club has persevered with the signing of this lad, Carr must seriously rate him. I'm intrigued to see him on the pitch.

It will be interesting. Outside of a few months at the beginning of last season, he was generally underwhelming at OM. I thought Ocampos looked the better player. You cannot deny the potential, though, and if NUFC can recover the player from Bastia, this will be money spent very well.

For some reason, I just cannot forsee Thauvin staying at the club for more than two seasons. I think it wil either go very well and he will force himself to a richer club, or he will not have a good time of things and find himself back in France sharpish.

he must be talented if he managed to score 8 league goals in a season at the age of 20 for Marseille but on a personal level for him that's "underwhelming" especially since someone like HBA only managed 6 in a season there and he did well here

Worth every penny!

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/20/d0bb4da3ef245a2821853c7dcd7c2a1d.jpg

Is that his missus? Good Lord.

How does he have time to play football?!

If he didn't make time to play football, she'd be long gone.

True.

So he kicks ball to get to play with those "balls" :laugh:

The 22-year-old said he was prepared to play anywhere and added: “I like playing both left and right.

“On the left I can great crosses in and give good service to the forward.

“On the right I come inside and shoot or slip a pass in behind the defence.”

:thup:

Every time we sign a player of this kind I always think about how much I hope the guy really comes out good (same with Cabella, HBA, Luque etc).

But they never seem to do so I'm not wishing anything good on this guy, I hope he fails miserably.

Hopefully Thauvin will give us the flair and service that we need out wide. The only time Obertan goes past his player is when running in straight lines and when there's space. So easy to read and at most times it only takes one defender to stop him, sometimes not even that :lol: Unpredictable players with flair draws so much more attention, as teams have to double up at times, which gives other players lots of space. Players with his kind of style forces defence's out of shape, and oh boy we have missed that. He can go wide on the outside as well as cutting in at times. Add a good left back to this making overlap runs and our left hand could potentially be very nice.

Sense he's going to be a bit wasteful, just hope  fans in stadium, coaches, and people like us, keep being encouraging. Focussing on the pearls which I also think will come, will hopefully help him keep trying. If he's a confidence player, as the most talented flair players (if not all players to some extent) seem to be, and given his age, big move and hassle/negativity with former 'fans', here's to getting behind him! If we settle for one in five crosses/shots/dribbles coming off, the five can become 3, or 2, but will never be  1/all. Just get him on the pitch Steve! Please.

Guardian today:

"I'm a fast player on the wing ... I will keep the ball and give great service to Char... [sorry] the forwards...".

'Told that Chris Waddle believes he will eventually star for a leading Premiership club [cheers Chrissy...] ... " First of all, I'd like to thank the great sausage mangling goon  [?translation....] for the nice compliment...It's very kind. I hope to be one of the best players in the world. I need to make sure I work hard to achieve that goal."

Left or right ?(no mention of no. 10, from him)

"I like playing both. On the left I can put great crosses in ... On the right I come inside and shoot or slip a pass in behind the defence." Elsewhere talks of being physically ready and excited for Old Trafford (if called upon), and particularly positive re SJP: "I've been told it's a magnificent atmosphere here...Very similar to Marseille's stadium. I can't wait." Not the only one cocker...