Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm coming round to this signing now.  I liked Cabella, but he struggled to play wide and didn't really look to get by his man and get crosses in.  This lad looks like he will be able to offer some width, but also seems versatile.  Could play in a free role as a number 10...........  Sorry, I forgot we don't do that do we :lol:

If Cabella was genuinely injured and wasn't in McClaren's plans.  Then I'm all for this swap.  Will hopefully mean Obertan will be on the bench before long and having yet more pace in the team can't hurt.  We've gradually started to work quicker players into the team and I like that.

By the time we reach the 'have to' win games, e.g. Watford H ( 19 Sep), Flying Florian could be well settled-in. More importantly, by 25 October, we could have an established , fit  starting 11, in SMc's  favoured formation,  with a few results and a bit of confidence. How would you feel about:

Krul

Janmaat Mbemba 'Steve Black' Dummett

Anita Colback

Thauvin    Wij-aye-man    Aarons

Mitro-stay-on-the pitch

Or maybe Gini alongside Colback, and de Jong in his place. As well as the most obvious gap, I'm concerned we're a bit 'light-weight' in the centre. Don't think an aggressive hard midfield presence needs to be at the expense of skill, e.g. would have loved to sign  Shelvey

Never seen him play before but after reading the last few pages on here I'm writing the kid off already. He'll be back at some middle of the road French team by this time next year. That's if they allow him back into the country.

:lol:

It's unbelievable this place sometimes man, isn't it.

"My favourite position is central"

Buy all the CAM's!

Where does he say that?

On the NUFCTV interview

Exact words: "I can play anywhere on the attacking line, my favourite position is more central"

If we signed him 12 months ago everyone would be furioisly masturbating over photos of him and his lass. He's 22 and he's had one bad season playing under probably the most mental manager tactically in the world. Let's see what he can do, I think he'll be ok.

fuck off with your sensible posts man.

listen, we like to moan when we dont buy anyone, then we like to moan when we do, don't come on here being all reasonable and sensible, ever, ok?

From the clips, he actually looks quite strong and certainly fast. I couldn't see a 'physicality' problem.

It feels like there's a fair bit of underlying 'ego' in that farewell speech to Marseilles. If he can knuckle down and prove himself to his team mates, then he could well be a success here.

It's clear from the clips that he fights to stay on his feet when tackled. The guy is going to be far more suited. Think he'll be really good.

Aarons, Perez and now Thauvin. I for one can't wait to see them all on the bench instead of Obertan.

Give it a rest man.  :lol:

Give what a rest?

The constant negativity.

What are you referring to? :lol: Anything special?

i'm notoriously shite at remembering who has said what on here, so i apologise in advance if i have the wrong poster, but you seem overly negative about, well, pretty much everything. From substitutions, to who we let go, to who we buy to replace.

can't be arsed trawling through old posts to check if im right, really not important.

again, apologies if im wrong, but if im not, as i said, give it a rest. :D

If we signed him 12 months ago everyone would be furioisly masturbating over photos of him and his lass. He's 22 and he's had one bad season playing under probably the most mental manager tactically in the world. Let's see what he can do, I think he'll be ok.

fuck off with your sensible posts man.

listen, we like to moan when we dont buy anyone, then we like to moan when we do, don't come on here being all reasonable and sensible, ever, ok?

Ill just go back to posting bollocks like I normally do when I can be arsed then.

f*** off with your sensible posts man.

Ill just go back to posting bollocks like I normally do when I can be arsed then.

Even though I like Cabella, he needed to adapt his game to this league, avoiding physical confrontations, not diving all the time etc. I think Thauvin's style is a bit more athletic and direct and so he shouldn't have so much of a problem with that. And obviously he has the benefit of functioning coaching staff which Cabella never had.

My French source says Thauvin never really delivered which I guess is obvious. He was meant to take it to the next level ala Ribery but he doesn't have the talent by a long shot.

Did say he's a hard working lad who did everything that was asked of him by Biesla

http://ocanada.com.au/shop/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/170x170/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/f/d/fd.jpeg

Don't think I can take his opinion seriously.

I wonder if playing him and Aarons wide is our imitation of the PSV attack with Gini central and Mitro up top.

Anyway I hope he and Aarons start Saturday. Perfect time to unleash them.

Never seen him play before but after reading the last few pages on here I'm writing the kid off already. He'll be back at some middle of the road French team by this time next year. That's if they allow him back into the country.

It's unbelievable this place sometimes man, isn't it.

Who has written this player off? There have been a few risk / opportunity type assessments, but that’s all.